Disappearing into the northwest

RedDragon

Avid climber/alpinist seeking advice on destinations in the northwest.

Looking for somewhere sparsly populated with some climbing. Potential for cheap housing and manual labor employment a plus.

Recently put myself into a world of shit with local law enforcement, impending jail-time and anal penetration to be avoided at all costs.

Red Dragon(long-time lurker, fleeing the East Coast)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now maybe it's just me, but don't you guys wanna know why the 5.0 is hot on his tail before you advise him to c'mon up to Index.

NEWS BULLETIN: The Climbing Killer strikes againDecember 20, 2001 - Table Rock, NCLocal law enforcement reports that the climbing killer has struck again. This time the victim, the third in four months, was leading Superjingusagogo, a 5.2d splitter crack on the southeast buttress. The killer reportedly appeared out of a deep chimney and swinging a improvised bolo made from slings and BD Talon hooks managed to hook the climber under the carotid artery, spilling blood onto several nearby routes. Other climbers at the base reported hearing a shriek and then feeling something that was initally though to be rain. The blood splattered lookers-on were visibly shaken by the ordeal. A suspect was being questioned although he is nowhere to be found today, police will only say that his residence is cleaned out and only a pair of lederhosen and two packs of Bratwurst were found in the place. This leads police to believe the killer is either Bavarian, or trying to fit into a mock-up village in either Helen, GA or Leavenworth, WA.

quote:

Now maybe it's just me, but don't you guys wanna know why the 5.0 is hot on his tail before you advise him to c'mon up to Index

I was hoping to spare the details, in hopes of keeping this strictly climbing-related but...

The only person I nearly murdered was myself and my best friend.

Earlier this week I rolled my newly purchased, turbo-charged, swedish sportscar at 70mph before chopping a telephone pole in half.

Due to the contents of my blood stream from the previous weekend at home, I'll appear to be a beer pounding, coked up, herb smoking, mushroom munching drug monger.

So it's off to the mountains, or the eternal bivi.

Its obviously far more complicated than that, but still irrelevent here.

Red Dragon

i dunno if oyu would really fit in at index. no one there has any idea where sweeden or where pa is.

if your troll is true it is very sad.

and running from it only will make it quite worse. i am sure the cops know who you are, so i would deal with your situation before trying to run.

move to a place like yakima, that is where many migrant worker crimes go unsolved and it is realitivy close to good climbing.

good luck dude and i'll drive next time

Life on the run isn't very fun, man, and it precludes you from much of a normal life.A life on the run is best spent not settling down. Better to spend it living out of your car, making money at daylabor gigs, then dirtbagging for a month at a time up the end of some overgrown logging road close to the crags.

quote:

Originally posted by epb:
Volvos arn't sports cars man.
tongue.gif" border="0

Dude, your nuts! Ever drive one of those Volvo 850 T5 Wagons? A WAGON with like 265 Hp, almost zero turbo dwell, it's more of a sportscar than most that label themselves as such. I think they made 850 T5's in the sedan too, now those would be quick. Even the old 740 Turbo Wagons would (and still do since they last forever) move. I'd take a Volvo over just about anything on the road (except a BMW or a baby blue '85 Ford cargo van) even if Ford owns them.

hey! back to the subject of aiding and abeting a known fugitive! I think its a swell idea to move to Index, RedDragon. Why, you could begin your new life as a hobo! Sure, you start off with a climbing bum lifestyle, but after awhile, you'll need your fix. Can't get much work as a fugitive, I'm bettin, so pretty soon your life of crime will expand to the poor peaseats of Index. You'll start off stealing climbing gear, trying to sell it off to the local climbers, next your stealing the climbers cars. And as Pope likes to put it, next thing you know, your chuggin cock. But wait, there's more! After that, you'll make a new big friend named "Mitch the Ass-Master" in prison! Odds are Mitch isn't a cheery and go-lucky guy, but a friend is a friend, right?

All this and more is found in the great state of Washington for our wonderful new friend RedDragon. Or you could be a man and take responsibility for your actions. Or perhaps this whole thing is fake. Oh well, it was fun while it lasted! grin.gif" border="0

[ 12-21-2001: Message edited by: MysticNacho ]

quote:

Originally posted by RedDragon:

It was a '96 850 T5 R [a 5 cyl turbo]. With mods, it was 300+ HP.

your real amme isn't john is it?? cause i know a guy who rolled the same car. cept he fell asleep and was ejected from the vehicle. can you still walk. he can't! frown.gif" border="0

This is HIKERWA.

I once had to pay a substantial amount in speeding tickets before I could get my license renewed. It sucked I had to turn myself in to the Warrent department (not the cool 80's band Warrent) and be arrested and go to court for all the shit I blew off years ago... YUKKY.

Face up to it now, it will be much worse when they find you later.

HIKERWA thus spake.