N. Korea sinks ship; nobody does anything. WTF?

rob

From BBC:

* Jan 1967 - attacks South Korean warship near border, killing 39 sailors

* Jan 1968 - commandos storm presidential palace in Seoul in a failed attempt to kill President Park Chung-hee

* Jan 1968 - captures USS Pueblo - one crew member dies and 82 held hostage for 11 months

* Dec 1969 - hijacks South Korean airliner taking dozens of passengers hostage

* Oct 1983 - bombs hotel in Rangoon, Burma in failed attempt to kill South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan - 21 people die

* Nov 1987 - bombs South Korean airliner, killing 115

* Sept 1996 - North Korean submarine crew land in South, sparking deadly manhunt

* Mar 2010 - torpedoes Cheonan warship, 46 sailors killed

Great flick about the Pueblo incident. I love the "Hawaiian good luck sign" scenes. :-)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rogue nations: Blast 'em. Small price to pay compared to WWIV. Head's up, Iran, you're next. This bullshit cannot be tolerated. Sure, millions dead, yadda, yadda, yadda, circle of life, but that's about two orders of magnitude less than what these fuckers will cause if they are left to continue on the path of their choosing.

Bildo: You don't know shit about my politics, just what I post here, so STFU, you self-righteous douche.

What we need is an actor!

Well, Chodas MIGHT be yer boy, he's an actor. He thinks Limbagugh should be killed but can't even step up to do that easy single thing. Now he's advocating going all Pol Pot on the world. Wants someone else to do it since he doesn't have the stones to step up and kill a single person despite advocating it, and its also so he can bitch and complain about it I suppose. That's some screwed up shit right there. I mean some seriously screwed up too.

At least the fallout will land on his house, poison his food and water, make him sicker than hell, kill his dog and loved ones so he can enjoy and revel in what he desired so much. Smart move. borat_not.jpg

Heh, doncha know? Monied interests benefit from the perpetuation of the military-industrial complex. Sound conspiratoral? Well, is it really only ideology or is that just their cover?

Do some governments function like well organized criminal gangs with a veneer of legitimacy, you know, things like open elections, etc.? The North Koreans just do it more blatantly. And their bosses in China call the shots.

Regressive, you voted for Kim Jong Il and the workers paradise party like jb, thinking he was against the big corporations....admit it.....

contrarily to you, I don't have to make up stuff to point out the blatant hypocrisy of my political opponents.

contrarily to you, I don't have to make up stuff to point out the blatant hypocrisy of my political opponents.

You don't have to, true, but yet you do. Over and over and over. That's why it's funny and I generally try and avoid you these days.

Ta ta! :wave:

I certainly don't, despite you gratuitous affirmations to the contrary. Conservatives in this forum were telling us "to get over it" (or something similar) after the Rethugs stole the 2000 and 2004 elections through disenfranchising of minority voters in Florida and Ohio.

And spare us your little act of pretending to be even-handed toward all offenders of things proper, because you aren't.

Look at the hypocrites who were telling us to "get over it" when the thugs stole the presidential elections in 2000 and 2004 now pretend there is a problem. No credibility, ZILCH.

:lmao::lmao: This reads like a j_b/Kevbone hybrid. Fortunately, post-zygotic barriers will render this offspring sterile.

The Obama admin could teach the Bush team a thing of 2 about underhanded back room machinations. This stuff is amazingly complex and interesting.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D9FREE2G0&show_article=1

The key thing to remember when reading the words below is this: the Iranian Revolutionary Guard are in Russia training AT THIS VERY MOMENT, on the new S-300's. Who wants to bet that the delivery will be pledged sometime after the new US bunker busters are online and delivered in July? Hmmmm, wonder what the Iranians are thinking right now? Hmmmm.

"WASHINGTON (AP) - The Obama administration on Friday removed sanctions against three Russian organizations the U.S. had previously accused of assisting Iran's effort to develop nuclear weapons.

Penalties against a fourth Russian entity previously accused of illicit arms sales to Syria also were lifted.

The timing of the decisions, published in Friday's Federal Register but not otherwise announced by the State Department, suggested the possibility of a link to U.S. efforts to win Russian support for a new U.N. Security Council resolution expanding sanctions against Iran over its nuclear program. ...

(blah blah)

.....Russia signed a 2007 contract to sell the powerful S-300 air defense missiles to Tehran but so far has not delivered any. No reason has been given for the delay, but Israel and the United States strongly objected to Iran obtaining the long-range missiles, which would significantly boost the country's air defense capability. "

Hans Brix my ass.

30,000 artillery pieces pointed at Seoul...

Bingo.

As long as doing nothing is less costly than all of the death and destruction that would result from war with the North, that's exactly what South Korea will do. I think that both sides understand this and behave accordingly.