N. Korea sinks ship; nobody does anything. WTF?

rob

We've been saving the world long enough. If someone's got a problem with us, I say we kick 'em in the balls and knock them onto the ground and give them a curbie. Then they can't bite our dick while we mouth-fuck them.

I'm saying that you only get to pick one threat, and the one you want to pick isn't the one that the Obama administration and our country is working overtime on Rob.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well, you guys really know how to present the nice side of our nation for the world to read. Sickos.

Hmmm, so they must be Democratic corporate nitwit regressive jackasses? Just trying for jb speak there. We should forever remember the words of Neville Chamberlain......

More like juvenile macho posturing on the internet. Before invoking Chamberlain, let's remember that many conservative pols of the times considered fascism useful to do in the left and praised it until late in the game, i.e. well after the intent of fascists had been made clear. A little like we have found the most goulish dictators useful to suppress national revolutions in developing countries. What happened to the Provisional Government of Korea?

North Korea is on the way to Iran. Our bombers can just make a little detour.

We need to stop thinking in geographic terms and start thinking in psychological terms. N Korea IS the way to Iran...psychologically. A few pics of flattened cities, mushroom clouds, and millions of dying radiation victims would do far more than all our empty sabre rattling to move the Iranians into the fold.

Pakistan and India might rethink the wisdom of their ongoing conflict as well.

The rest of the world would become more...compliant.

When I think of the low cost/high benefits, the option of nuking N Korea gives me the giggles.

WTF?

OK, seriously. They fucking torpedo a ship, and people are like, "Oh, you better not do this anymore. This time we mean it!"

Seriously. I mean, I'm not really much of a hawk, but W T F

If I remember the U.S. really did nothing much about the suicide bombing of the USS Cole. Many believe that becuase the U.S. did nothing much with that bombing it emboldened other suicide actions leading upt 9/11

Nuking N Korea would be an instantaneous, cost effect solution. It wouldn't cost us a thing, save the very same excess nuclear inventory we're trying to figure out how to retire anyway. Our older, dirtier warheads would do the job AND retire themselves in one shot. There would be some public grumbling, but most of the world would be quietly glad we removed this thorn from everyone's side. Finally, such a strike would represent an unprecedented and effective real world test and display of our nuclear capability. I'd wager that Russia, China, Iran, and others would pay more careful attention to our needs afterwards. After the place cooled down a bit, the Chinese would take advantage of the extra lebensraum and set up a few toy factories. They'd secretly be happy, too.

We need to stop thinking in geographic terms and start thinking in psychological terms. N Korea IS the way to Iran...psychologically. A few pics of flattened cities, mushroom clouds, and millions of dying radiation victims would do far more than all our empty sabre rattling to move the Iranians into the fold. Pakistan and India might rethink the wisdom of their ongoing conflict as well. The rest of the world would become more...compliant. When I think of the low cost/high benefits, the option of nuking N Korea gives me the giggles.

Unfu* ingbelievable. Why are all you guys: the libtards (is that a libtard approved word?) that is, those who are always slamming anyone who supports the country and desires us to remaining strong both militarily and economically: so ready to rush into mass murder in violation of our treaties, core beliefs, and history?

This is not something to be joking on, although Choada and Rob appear to not be joking on it despite some jokes tossed in between the blood rage sentences. You guys really shock me. Tossing this around so glibly, like you are changing your underwear or choosing a new fast food sandwich, is a bad bad thing IMO. No joke about it. Advocating mass murder of both enemies and innocents together on a scale even Hitler or Stalin could not dream about is sick beyond crazy. Whats the extreme opposite of funny? It's so wrong. Stop.

We know where to find the Koreans and more or less understand them. There was eventually a quite a bit of action in the wake of the Cole once folks got a bead on who might be involved, but not really much of it was made particularly public.

And it's not like there weren't folks putting the first WTC, Nairobi/Dar es Salaam, and Cole bombings together from an intent perspective. However, the operative perception of '[keeping] it over there' is what, in the end, we ran afoul of and shaped the dynamics of our domestic approach to terrorism in the prelude and run-up to 9/11.

WTF?

OK, seriously. They fucking torpedo a ship, and people are like, "Oh, you better not do this anymore. This time we mean it!"

Seriously. I mean, I'm not really much of a hawk, but W T F

If I remember the U.S. really did nothing much about the suicide bombing of the USS Cole. Many believe that becuase the U.S. did nothing much with that bombing it emboldened other suicide actions leading upt 9/11

and me, who thought it all started with the USS Liberty: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Liberty_incident

that is, those who are always slamming anyone who supports the country and desires us to remaining strong both militarily and economically

No. Liberals usually slam those who pretend that spending 50% of the budget on warmongering and antagonizing the natives makes us strong.

Unfu* ingbelievable. Why are all you guys: the libtards (is that a libtard approved word?) that is, those who are always slamming anyone who supports the country and desires us to remaining strong both militarily and economically: so ready to rush into mass murder in violation of our treaties, core beliefs, and history?

This is not something to be joking on, although Choada and Rob appear to not be joking on it despite some jokes tossed in between the blood rage sentences. You guys really shock me. Tossing this around so glibly, like you are changing your underwear or choosing a new fast food sandwich, is a bad bad thing IMO. No joke about it.

Sack up, bill. War is what we do. Send the boys in!!!

that is, those who are always slamming anyone who supports the country and desires us to remaining strong both militarily and economically

No. Liberals usually slam those who pretend that spending 50% of the budget on warmongering and antagonizing the natives makes us strong.

The nuclear option would reduce the war budget, and there'd be no natives left to worry about.

Nuking N Korea would be an instantaneous, cost effect solution. It wouldn't cost us a thing, save the very same excess nuclear inventory we're trying to figure out how to retire anyway. Our older, dirtier warheads would do the job AND retire themselves in one shot. There would be some public grumbling, but most of the world would be quietly glad we removed this thorn from everyone's side. Finally, such a strike would represent an unprecedented and effective real world test and display of our nuclear capability. I'd wager that Russia, China, Iran, and others would pay more careful attention to our needs afterwards. After the place cooled down a bit, the Chinese would take advantage of the extra lebensraum and set up a few toy factories. They'd secretly be happy, too.

We need to stop thinking in geographic terms and start thinking in psychological terms. N Korea IS the way to Iran...psychologically. A few pics of flattened cities, mushroom clouds, and millions of dying radiation victims would do far more than all our empty sabre rattling to move the Iranians into the fold. Pakistan and India might rethink the wisdom of their ongoing conflict as well. The rest of the world would become more...compliant. When I think of the low cost/high benefits, the option of nuking N Korea gives me the giggles.

This is not something to be joking on, although Choada and Rob appear to not be joking on it despite some jokes tossed in between the blood rage sentences. You guys really shock me. Tossing this around so glibly, like you are changing your underwear or choosing a new fast food sandwich, is a bad bad thing IMO. No joke about it. Advocating mass murder of both enemies and innocents together on a scale even Hitler or Stalin could not dream about is sick beyond crazy. Whats the extreme opposite of funny? It's so wrong. Stop.

Dude, satire.

The solution is obvious: We give Japan the green light to assemble the nuclear warheads they probably already have the pieces for. Seriously though; I think North Korea shot down a S Korean passenger plane back in the 1990's and killed over 100 civilians. They also set off a bomb and killed half the S Korean cabinet during a state visit to Burma back in the 1980's. Life is cheap pretty much everywhere it seems. If you put all of today's strategic data into some sort of outcome-based weighting program re Korea it would probably produce NO WINNER.

From BBC:

* Jan 1967 - attacks South Korean warship near border, killing 39 sailors

* Jan 1968 - commandos storm presidential palace in Seoul in a failed attempt to kill President Park Chung-hee

* Jan 1968 - captures USS Pueblo - one crew member dies and 82 held hostage for 11 months

* Dec 1969 - hijacks South Korean airliner taking dozens of passengers hostage

* Oct 1983 - bombs hotel in Rangoon, Burma in failed attempt to kill South Korean President Chun Doo-hwan - 21 people die

* Nov 1987 - bombs South Korean airliner, killing 115

* Sept 1996 - North Korean submarine crew land in South, sparking deadly manhunt

* Mar 2010 - torpedoes Cheonan warship, 46 sailors killed