• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
wdietsch

Firefox vs IE vs Chrome vs ?

I am far from a computer guru .. lately I have become a bit disappointed with the performance I am getting from Firefox .. what do you like and why?

Chrome is awesome. Initializes fast. Loads fast. Multi-process tabbing (one process per tab). Google gears is pre-installed.

Possibly Chrome has changed things. I used it for a bit, but I was annoyed at the way it would not display pdf files.

displays PDF for me just fine. Maybe you didn't have the reader plugin installed or something?

My only complaint with chrome is that it doesn't have native NTLM support so it's a pain to surf my corporate intranet with it because it keeps prompting me to login.

when chrome first cam out I gave it a try .. I to found it a bit slow with PDF and image files, so I abandoned it.

updated it yesterday after staring this thread .. seemed much faster and than I recall and significantly less of a resource hog than Firefox

late yesterday sat back down at the computer to give it more of a test drive and it (chrome) repeatedly crashed .. uninstalled and downloaded the latest version from a fresh start ... crash, crash crash, can't even get it to load the home page before it crashes "Whoa! Google Chrome has crashed. Restart now?" .. WTF?

Opera - just got a whole lot faster too, and that's saying something.

I've been using it since yesterday .. very fast .. I'm impressed

I use Chrome primarily but there are still some quirks. I stopped using Firefox because of the resources it consumes and how slow it can be. IE has come a long ways but I still don't use it much.

WHERE DO YOU HOST YOUR WEBSITE???!!!!

Still looking for someone to do the work for you huh? Well, you're consistent if nothing else.