Kyle and Justin

billcoe

Enjoy your secret moss fest. I'll drive 2.5 hours to Smith and climb and solidified mud/rock instead of spending days cleaning mud off the rock.

it doesn't suprise me at all that a terrebonnian would need 2.5 hours to make it to smiff :)

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoy your secret moss fest. I'll drive 2.5 hours to Smith and climb and solidified mud/rock instead of spending days cleaning mud off the rock.

it doesn't suprise me at all that a terrebonnian would need 2.5 hours to make it to smiff :)

Actually I live in Hood River. But I agree that most tear a bone againians would probably take 2.5 hours to make it to Smith. They have to call their parole officer and make sure it is ok, drop off their wife/cousin at high school, and hit up the local meth house and then tweek their way down the trail.

Actually I live in Hood River. But I agree that most tear a bone againians would probably take 2.5 hours to make it to Smith. They have to call their parole officer and make sure it is ok, drop off their wife/cousin at high school, and hit up the local meth house and then tweek their way down the trail.

Ryan wins! :lmao: :lmao:

lotta chatter, some rumor...here's a brief history of facts:

it was called drop zone by stewart and mark d in 2005 because of the insane amount of garbage "dropped" over parts of the crag. i moved back from bend in 2007 and started putting up routes there with stewart and a couple others (ryan and arent).

later, bill and jim and joseph and their buddies came along and started hanging fixed lines everywhere and also doing great trail work and maintenance (thanks guys!).

they then started calling it "the far side" because they weren't aware the crag already had a name and because those of us who have young kids were only out ther every couple weeks, so we hardly had a presence besides the few bolts (on faces) and the bones (in cracks) that we left.

HOWEVER jim says he was there in the 1970s, but i guess he never named it....but i believe him because he claims to have pounded the ancient piton i discovered halfway up the wall on my first ground-up attempt out there. i guess we have similar tastes. i bailed from bomber gear right above it....then rapped in, cleaned the stopper section above, then led what i call the first ascent of a 10d crack right above that piton. i left the piton for those with a fetish for history...

anyeway, it will always be the drop zone to me because that's what we called it...but the far side is a good name too...

Hey Kenny, how about spicing up the Gorge section with a new thread with your recent pictures on it!?

bill... stfu u big fucking pussy :wave:

303 886 5797 if ur feeling like a bad ass

I just realized you are gone Andrew. Your last 5 posts were less than 5 min apart yet it's been 5 days since you posted. It's interesting that no one has noted your absence till now. There should be an office pool on if you had an aneurysm, an OD or just a standard flame out.

You know who I really miss? Off White? Where's Doug been?

later, bill and jim and joseph and their buddies came along and started hanging fixed lines everywhere and also doing great trail work and maintenance (thanks guys!). they then started calling it "the far side" because they weren't aware the crag already had a name and because those of us who have young kids were only out ther every couple weeks, so we hardly had a presence besides the few bolts (on faces) and the bones (in cracks) that we left.

I wasn't really much part of the organized work build out / dig out / ropes effort nor the trailwork, which is nice, I worked on Hollow Victory and the 'Atonement' extension, but that's about it. I still call it Dropzone (given there's a Farside at Exit 32 up in SEA).

• 1 month later...
He's been posting as The Slayer Hippy....but gave up the avatar as everyone was calling him racist.

That's my guess.

no everyone was calling nitrox a racist, offwhite called me a racist but that seems to be the fashion that's going around. i call it a short cut to thinking. :wave: