Climbing Trends

summitchaserCJB

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So if I want to lead some 5.13 death route... and it just so happens that I get psyched by watching a pro climber lead their 5.13 death routes. I am being stupid and unsafe by following trends? WTF? What if I want to so something kinda dangerous for the same reasons that you want to climb the average 5.10 crack? This thread is idiotic...

marc- In that case, yes. Some people wouldn't think so. It all depends on the trends. Hey man- this is more philosophical than practical at this point.

If you want to do something that is dangerous for the same reason I want to climb 5.10 I'd say you are reckless. But you are presuming you know my reasons for climbing.

Yeah but what I if I want to send a hard R/X rated route just because I want to send that route.... I don't think its dumb, I think it would be awesome to accomplish something like that. I don't hear you bitching about Dave Mcloed for sending hard 5.14 bold lines... I bet you look up to badass pro climbers who send 5.13 R lines. So why is it bad when someone who isn't a 'pro' climber does it... anyways, some people leading a 5.13 R after TR rehearsal is liely safer than the nebs with the shiny new gear trying to lead some 5.8 with no idea wtf they are doing...

marc- In that case, yes. Some people wouldn't think so. It all depends on the trends. Hey man- this is more philosophical than practical at this point.

If you want to do something that is dangerous for the same reason I want to climb 5.10 I'd say you are reckless. But you are presuming you know my reasons for climbing.

Yeah but what I if I want to send a hard R/X rated route just because I want to send that route.... I don't think its dumb, I think it would be awesome to accomplish something like that. I don't hear you bitching about Dave Mcloed for sending hard 5.14 bold lines... I bet you look up to badass pro climbers who send 5.13 R lines. So why is it bad when someone who isn't a 'pro' climber does it... anyways, some people leading a 5.13 R after TR rehearsal is liely safer than the nebs with the shiny new gear trying to lead some 5.8 with no idea wtf they are doing...

What you said was a whole bunch of garbage. I think Dave Mcloed is a wanker. It seems like he's looking for a reach around at every corner to boost his ego. Better check your hand, it might be a little sticky.

IF you want to send a hard r/x route just because "you want to"...that sound a little stupid. You been watching too much hard grit. I've climbed hard run out routs....you better know why your doin it bro....come on now...just cause i want to doesn't cut it in my book.

Why diss on the new 5.8 leader...you got some kinda of superiority complex.

I've never looked up to pro climbers. The whole idea seems stupid to me. I go out and get mine, they get theirs...but there really isn't that much seperating us in this sport. Once again....I think they are almost all wankers. I have so much more respect for the brothers and sisters who quietly put down their hard projects without spraying to the world. These folks are the real badasses.

Why diss on the new 5.8 leader...you got some kinda of superiority complex.

Im just saying that a 5.14 climber leading a 5.12+ R/X is almost safer than a newbie with no instruction and a shiny new rack trying to lead a 5.8.. placing gear all wrong and skeching up the route. I've seen a lot of it myself but nobody says anything about it, so why say strong climbers leading runout routes withing their abilities is stupid? I think you're stupid.

"Im just saying that a 5.14 climber leading a 5.12+ R/X is almost safer than a newbie with no instruction and a shiny new rack trying to lead a 5.8.. placing gear all wrong and skeching up the route. I've seen a lot of it myself but nobody says anything about it, so why say strong climbers leading runout routes withing their abilities is stupid? I think you're stupid."

"Just not anytime soon."

Ya. Do I even need to respond? The R/X does mean something. Look it up.