Yes, Obama did turn out to be a TRUST buster!

Peter_Puget

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obama!!! what you thought he was going to waive his magic wand and fix everything in one year, does anyone think you can fix capitalism or the war machines that fast, let alone after the biggest financial collapse since the great depression

BTW if you saw south park last night it put the right and left in perspective a country that says one thing and does another, thanks to the war between the left and right …it works :lmao:

Obama!!! what you thought he was going to waive his magic wand and fix everything in one year, does anyone think you can fix capitalism or the war machines that fast, let alone after the biggest financial collapse since the great depression

only disingenuous morons pretend that everything should be fixed in one year, but Obama has done essentially nothing to inverse the situation. In fact, his most significant steps have reinforced the status quo (banksters and the military industrial complex plundering taxpayers).

BTW if you saw south park last night it put the right and left in perspective a country that says one thing and does another, thanks to the war between the left and right …it works :lmao:

spare me. The rightwing still pretends it had nothing to do with bankrupting the middle class and government.

only disingenuous morons pretend that everything should be fixed in one year, but Obama has done essentially nothing to inverse the situation. In fact, his most significant steps have reinforced the status quo (banksters and the military industrial complex plundering taxpayers).

I was just thinking, noggin's post implies that Obama will eventually get around to fixing everything...after the last year and especially recent events, anyone who expects anything positive from this corporate tool at this point is deluding themselves.

Of course, Peter Puget et. al. will assume that means we're all ready to hand the reigns to Mooseburgers and Rush. :rolleyes:

hey J_B don't freak but the word "independent" appears below:

The geographical pattern of the vote shifts, showing that the shifts occurred in the Boston suburbs and exurbs, argues against the notion that this was largely a matter of angry working-class Democrats (43%) abandoning their party. More likely, it was borderline independents (40%) punishing the incumbent party for poor economic performance, along with Republicans(17%) who had no interest in George W. Bush coming home to support a national Republican who could string sentences together to make paragraphs.

link to link

I added the red % showing CNN exit poll data from the past showing Mass voter self identification.

Of course, Peter Puget et. al. will assume that means we're all ready to hand the reigns to Mooseburgers and Rush.

No I believe it mean people like J_B, Jim, and Prole are becoming more and more irrelevant. By the way I'm a big fan of your show but you do need to lose some pounds.

classic PP. I demonstrated via polls that a large number of independents were on Obama's left, to which you replied .... exactly nothing.

No I believe it mean people like J_B, Jim, and Prole are becoming more and more irrelevant.

like in Oregon (considered a test case of what's to come) yesterday that voted for increases in income tax on salaries > $250,000 and in the minimum corporate tax for the first time since 1930.

By the way I'm a big fan of your show but you do need to lose some pounds.

Thanks. You must understand, getting old is tough! I'm trying to cut down on the donuts but riding around with cops all day, WTF? It's not easy! Thankfully, I'm in more of a tactical support role and I let the other guys do most of the physical stuff.

:chebit:

it occurs to me pp - if you put stock in the opinion of americans, what do you make of the fact that amerikkka has clearly turned its back on baseball as the national pasttime? :)

baseball is boring

it's more exciting when you're the one actually trying to hit the 90 mph fastball, or catch the 385 foot shot to dead-center...adn you've had 10 tabs of sunshine-acid :toad:

On the civil liberties front, Obama did end torture, is closing Gitmo, and is trying some of the detainees there in civilian court, but not all.

Other than that, he has continued Bush's policies of extraordinary rendition, military commissions, and extra-constitutional spying on Americans. He has also not lifted a finger to uphold the rule of law regarding the Bush administrations many human rights violations.

All in all, his record in this area has been lackluster, to say the least.

Still, the alternative...un-fucking-thinkable, really.

classic PP. I demonstrated via polls that a large number of independents were on Obama's left, to which you replied .... exactly nothing.

No I believe it mean people like J_B, Jim, and Prole are becoming more and more irrelevant.

like in Oregon (considered a test case of what's to come) yesterday that voted for increases in income tax on salaries > $250,000 and in the minimum corporate tax for the first time since 1930.

So J_B are you saying that the independant in Mass have the same make-up as the poll you are referring to? AM I making the same point as I was earlier? Please be a bit more friendly and less full of yourself.

So J_B are you saying that the independant in Mass have the same make-up as the poll you are referring to?AM I making the same point as I was earlier?

Independents are of all political slant. Currently a large number of them, as shown by several polls, are positioned to the left of Obama on many (and probably most) important issues.

Please be a bit more friendly and less full of yourself.

What? no red-baiting today? today, is 'let's play the sympathy card' day?

and don't confuse being full of oneself and not letting you get away with pretending ignorance about your long term support for the plutocracy that led us to bankruptcy.

Please be a bit more friendly and less full of yourself.

What? no red-baiting today? today, is 'let's play the sympathy card' day?

and don't confuse being full of oneself and not letting you get away with pretending ignorance about your long term support for the plutocracy that led us to bankruptcy.

True story: I laughed so loudly when I read this that someone outside my office asked me what was so funny!

Damn jb. I think you're a sharp kid and all, but do ya ever stop and just thank yer lucky stars that we live in such a kick assed country? It seems to me that you're always (and only) bitching and complaining. I mean, I'm not saying we're perfect, but take a moment to count your blessings dude. There are so many good things you can hardly keep a hold of them all. Once would never know it from your posts. It's like you're so pissed off and angry at....like...everything!

Take some time to visit these other places, live, breath, relax, enjoy. We are so lucky and so blessed here. Really!

Take care all ! :wave: