O.B.A.M.A.

Lars

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I'm not interested in that kind of essentializing, arguments that rest on "human nature", "core problems", or "original sin". They're metaphysical nonsense better suited to theology than the study of society, much less campaign finance reform.

Human nature is metaphysical nonsense?

Marxists have trouble with human nature. (from each according to his ability, to each according to his need... hah)

It's been called the worst Supreme Court ruling since Dred Scott.

Not by a long shot. That distinction falls to Kelo v. City of New London (2005).

that's like, your opinion man

might be a shitty ruling, but hardly at the heart of The Big Problem

I thought that after 500 years of human heartache we had achieved a pretty good balance--before the Kelo ruling came along.

i don't know enough about the case to have an opinion - i recall it was kinda bullshit b/c it wasn't the state taking something for its own purposes so much as for giving it to another private group to develop, which does sound like bullshit

i'm sure kennedy was the swing vote :)

well duh! libs are uncommom men (and women too!...all libards are feminist conscious). that's what so great about them? they're educated, so they think they are better than everyone. thats why they keep trying to save the world, whales, etc...they feel civic responsibility to take care of their inferior neighbors. But truth is we can't afford to take care of everyone at this point. those welfare queens, they'll have to take care of themselves.

libturds feel they can just alter the natural order of things with a wave of the hand.

I looked up conservative: keeping the status quo. Meaning-the parties in office may change but those who hold the thunder stick will never change. Power corrupts, absolute power owns congress. Every Prophet there ever was that preached love, kindness and charity to one another has been run out'a town. Someone that can give people something/someone/some group they can use for a scapegoat and they will rise to hero status. After all, who wants to blame them self for all the F-up misery?

An essential "human nature" is no more verifiable than is your great fuzzy kitty or the spaghetti monster much less identifying it by assigning it some characteristics, like "corrupt" over others, like "caring".

Human nature is just as readily studied scientifically as any other natural phenomenon. Decades of study have produced excellent, predictive models of how markets, relationships, authority, and other human nature-driven phenomena work. The assumed (and false) inscrutability of such phenomena springs forth from that most fundamental of human desires: to remain inscrutable.

These studies couldn't differentiate between nature and nurture.

It's been called the worst Supreme Court ruling since Dred Scott. Time will tell whether that's accurate or not. Ugh.

by your own admission, the whole establishment is practically in big business' pocket, and has been for damn near a century - i don't see how it can get much worse.

institutionalizing corruption is a lot worse than having to give the appearance of propriety.

It's been called the worst Supreme Court ruling since Dred Scott. Time will tell whether that's accurate or not. Ugh.

by your own admission, the whole establishment is practically in big business' pocket, and has been for damn near a century - i don't see how it can get much worse.

institutionalizing corruption is a lot worse than having to give the appearance of propriety.

smiliegojerkit.gif