Where's The Data?

Fairweather

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess what I'm saying is why are you guys getting so worked up about something you don't actually give a shit about?

hands up anyone driving from Washington to BC/AB to go ice climbing this year

hands up all those who drive to work

hands up all those who like to fly to exotic foreign destinations

Do you like eating fresh fruit in January? guess what, they don't grow it down the street.

I guess what I'm saying is why are you guys getting so worked up about something you don't actually give a shit about?

Clearly personal virtue is the only solution to the crisis. Personal Virtue has historically been the most effective means to manage the commons after all.

Only when combined with shunning.

By the way in the "Taper Community" no one would erase a master recording simply because their "remaster" effort produced a superior version. Remember: trade freely but trade lossless.

I find it interesting how the environmental movement has borrowed a play from Bush & Co.. i.e. there is no time to think! ALARM! The terrorists/global warming is coming!! aaahhhhh just give us the power to do what we want... don't ask questions!! :rolleyes: For most people environmentalism is great as long as somebody else does it. I walk to work everyday...my favourite is walking past the house of the lady who goes to work at the same time of me & who I catch up to 2 blocks later as she parks at work!

Can't argue with that. Lets do an office pool on the vehicle she drives....I dibs the Ford Valdez Expedition.

0412st_01_z+1999_ford_expedition+front_drivers_side_view.jpg

They say with the big engine it will pass anything except a gas station....

hands up anyone driving from Washington to BC/AB to go ice climbing this year

hands up all those who drive to work

hands up all those who like to fly to exotic foreign destinations

Do you like eating fresh fruit in January? guess what, they don't grow it down the street.

Hey, thanks for single handedly saving the planet, myan.

The reality is, you don't know any of us or what we are or are not doing to reduce our carbon footprint.

And that fresh fruit in January? Much of it is brought in by ship...at a much lower carbon emissions per pound of produce than that stuff you just bought at PCC...and that had to be trucked in. Just one out of a growing body of your dumbshit emissions of late.

And of course, there's the inconvenient fact that global warming has been an issue for nearly 3 decades...that tools like yourself just found out about it and are now busy preaching to the rest of us about how you're saving the polar bears by walking 2 blocks to work instead of driving doesn't change that.

Fuckin newbies! The swagger in their walk could power a small city!

Edited by tvashtarkatena

evolution is bullshit too b/c of those dumbass piltdown folks, right? :)

ya never answered the question in the other thread on this chestnut, fw - which is it?

a) the earth is not getting warmer

b) the earth is getting warmer, it just isn't the fault of man

you obviously don't go w/ c) the earth is warmer, and mankind has been a significant agent in that process

your answer is a pretty essential starting point for the conversation, no?