Flu Vaccines

Kimmo

good luck dave - it wasn't until 4 days in that i got concerned enough to take my girl into the clinic - she was obviously breathing really fast and shallow - the doc she saw poo-poohed it and sent me home - the wife took her back the next day (5) as she had grown extremely listless and lethargic - she got 2 shots of antibiotics after an xray showed obvious pnumonia - they considered hospitalizing her but decided to just see her in 24 hrs - the day after (6) that she seemed much better, very active and happy and so they gave her oral antibios - that evening though her fever returned w/ a vegeance and she became much worse - couldn't move, refused to take medicine, angry, coughing - so day 7 she was back to the clinic whereupon they wigged out, started her on oxygen and did hte whole lights-blaring thing into portland - that night they cut into her chest, put in a tube, and drained off fluids for the next 3 days whereupon her lung popped back into shape - today's #12 and she's back from the dead but probably will keep the cough for weeks as her lungs clear out the bullshit

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the vaccine is BS, none of the flu vaccines are really that effective. and most of the vaccines forms have thimerosal, too much other crap side effects for it to be worth it. If you want to dose your kids with the nuerotoxin mercury, go right ahead.

this flu is not killing more people than the seasonal flu, it's just killing people in different age brackets from normal

you can fight off any flu, the thing to do is gargle with hot salt water when you first get the scratchy throat because it incubates in your throat.

that and vitamin C in high doses. and I mean HIGH doses. People are ignorant of what a high dose of C is. Generally it's 8,000 to 10,000 mg daily. You take as much as you can until you start to get the runs, then back off about 2,000 mgs. Pills are okay but powdered C is even better.

I just flew on a plane to Dallas with a junior college hockey team. One of them admitted publically to having the flu and the stewardesses booted him off the plane. I was seated in the middle of this team and several of them had the obvious sniffles and coughing. I did my C thing and felt the sore throat come on and did the gargle thing, haven't been hit so far.

all that said if you do get hit with this especially those in the mid 20's age bracket.... hydrate hydrate hydrate. the docs may not stress this, it's very important in order to stay alive.

the vaccine is BS, none of the flu vaccines are really that effective. and most of the vaccines forms have thimerosal, too much other crap side effects for it to be worth it. If you want to dose your kids with the nuerotoxin mercury, go right ahead.

this flu is not killing more people than the seasonal flu, it's just killing people in different age brackets from normal

you can fight off any flu, the thing to do is gargle with hot salt water when you first get the scratchy throat because it incubates in your throat.

that and vitamin C in high doses. and I mean HIGH doses. People are ignorant of what a high dose of C is. Generally it's 8,000 to 10,000 mg daily. You take as much as you can until you start to get the runs, then back off about 2,000 mgs. Pills are okay but powdered C is even better.

I just flew on a plane to Dallas with a junior college hockey team. One of them admitted publically to having the flu and the stewardesses booted him off the plane. I was seated in the middle of this team and several of them had the obvious sniffles and coughing. I did my C thing and felt the sore throat come on and did the gargle thing, haven't been hit so far.

all that said if you do get hit with this especially those in the mid 20's age bracket.... hydrate hydrate hydrate. the docs may not stress this, it's very important in order to stay alive.

i'll gargle a a mixture of listerine and nearly hot salt water when i get the scratchy throat, and generally drink 4-5 emergencies every day...

hmmm...stuff to ponder...in light of this were small pox and polio vaccinations the real deal? Or did the little buggerz just die off?

Its a good question, Rudy, why vaccination has been so effective for diseases like smallpox and polio, but not for the flu? Anyone know? Maybe b/c it mutates so quickly?

Poliovirus and smallpox infect only humans and have no intermediate hosts, as is not the case with the flu that cross-infects birds, horses, pigs and humans as of today and then who knows. If there are no new victims to infect, viruses like polio and smallpox cannot longer survive in the environment because they are not capable of adapting to a different host. When coupled with their almost non-existing mutation potential, mass vaccination and containment were the major driving force in providing us with the life long immunity and complete eradication of the smallpox (nearly there for the polio).

That is not going to happen with the Influenzavirus. Being an RNA virus, it has high mutation rate and can infect the same host over and over again because the specific antibodies produced following flu infection or vaccination ONLY prevent subsequent infection of the original non-mutated virus - one reason why flu vaccines sometimes fail. Second, RNA genome of the flu virus often recombinates with other flue types or even those from other species resulting in hybrid viruses. Again, the new flu strains appear before the adaptive immune response is formed and/or vaccines are made.

FYI: The RNA retrovirus HIV (causes AIDS) has the highest mutation rates ever AND goes into the latent phase by hiding out in the resting T lymphocytes thereby completely failing an HIV vaccine as yet.

Thank you Mito.

Most of the rest of this thread is a perfect example of why climbers shouldn't try to sound smart.

well its not climbers (that is why most of us are here anyway) but just people who don't know what the hell they are talking about should STFU. but unfortunately that will probably not happen due to the same mental defects that led them to their beliefs in the first place.

hmmm...stuff to ponder...in light of this were small pox and polio vaccinations the real deal? Or did the little buggerz just die off?

Its a good question, Rudy, why vaccination has been so effective for diseases like smallpox and polio, but not for the flu? Anyone know? Maybe b/c it mutates so quickly?

Poliovirus and smallpox infect only humans and have no intermediate hosts, as is not the case with the flu that cross-infects birds, horses, pigs and humans as of today and then who knows. If there are no new victims to infect, viruses like polio and smallpox cannot longer survive in the environment because they are not capable of adapting to a different host. When coupled with their almost non-existing mutation potential, mass vaccination and containment were the major driving force in providing us with the life long immunity and complete eradication of the smallpox (nearly there for the polio).

That is not going to happen with the Influenzavirus. Being an RNA virus, it has high mutation rate and can infect the same host over and over again because the specific antibodies produced following flu infection or vaccination ONLY prevent subsequent infection of the original non-mutated virus - one reason why flu vaccines sometimes fail. Second, RNA genome of the flu virus often recombinates with other flue types or even those from other species resulting in hybrid viruses. Again, the new flu strains appear before the adaptive immune response is formed and/or vaccines are made.

FYI: The RNA retrovirus HIV (causes AIDS) has the highest mutation rates ever AND goes into the latent phase by hiding out in the resting T lymphocytes thereby completely failing an HIV vaccine as yet.

Which also explains why mutts make the best dogs.

I bet you tried all of the latest immunity fads didn't you? Some "professional" probably even convinced you to rely on "vaccines." :rolleyes:

Are you tired of being a crybaby about your pathetic little immune system yet?

Maybe you are ready for the [font:Arial Black]REAL DEAL[/font], you miserable cowering excuse for a homonid

That's right, [font:Arial Black]CrossFlu.[/font]

Come find out whether your piece of sh** little immune system has what it [font:Arial Black]TAKES[/font].

Give us a few days and we will have you puking your guts out and copping out in a fetal catatonia because you can't [font:Arial Black]HANDLE[/font] a little pyretic shock once in a while.

There is only one question you have answer my pitiful friends, and that is whether your lazy little lymphocytes [font:Arial Black]DESERVE[/font] this righteous challenge, or whether you're just gonna sit back and let yourself slip into the hopeless little viral feedbag that you probably [font:Arial Black]ALREADY ARE[/font].

Get [font:Arial Black]ILL[/font], b****es!

[font:Arial Black]CrossFlu[/font]

Forging elite immunity

original non-mutated virus

there is no "original non-mutated virus". every virus falls into the definitional category of "mutation".

So does every human. You obviously have the RTRD reading comprehension mutation.