"A little mistake"

archenemy

So, to the fathers in the group; is drugging and raping a 13 year old a "little mistake".

Gross.

no, not a little mistake.

but hey, 32 years later, if the victim wants the whole case dropped (which in this case, she does), isn't that a sign that it wasn't the worst mistake ever? i don't think there are too many holocaust survivors who feel that way.

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, to the fathers in the group; is drugging and raping a 13 year old a "little mistake".

Gross.

but hey, 32 years later, if the victim wants the whole case dropped (which in this case, she does), isn't that a sign that it wasn't the worst mistake ever? i don't think there are too many holocaust survivors who feel that way.

Men who rape 13 year old children should have their nuts scraped on a cheese grater followed by an application of 12 Molar nitric acid.

Gross.

Men who rape 13 year old children should have their nuts scraped on a cheese grater followed by an application of 12 Molar nitric acid.

but will you have enough left over for the child killers?

does this include all them mormons who rape kiddies for jeebus?

Gross.

but will you have enough left over for the child killers?

does this include all them mormons who rape kiddies for jeebus?

At the risk of agreeing withh KKK, Yes.

Gross.

but hey, 32 years later, if the victim wants the whole case dropped (which in this case, she does), isn't that a sign that it wasn't the worst mistake ever?

No. While victims and/or their families are free to forgive murderers and rapists if they so choose, it is society that judges these crimes.

Gross.

but hey, 32 years later, if the victim wants the whole case dropped (which in this case, she does), isn't that a sign that it wasn't the worst mistake ever?

No. While victims and/or their families are free to forgive murderers and rapists if they so choose, it is society that judges these crimes.

there are some crimes for which there should be no statute of limitations - including raping a child.

the process is part of the punishment

i'm sure the authors of the constitution and the bill of rights would agree w/ you :rolleyes:

understand i'm speaking in general though, not about this bastard, who already plead guilty to having sex w/ a minor and fled after becoming convinced his plea deal would not be honored - the crime i see polanski still needing to answer for in this case is that, his flight - sure, he can say the court was biased against him (and it sure seems like it was), but you don't win that fight by running away from it. the irony is that, if he does come back to stand trial, the whole damn thing will likely be dropped anyway :)

Once an aspiring actress, Geimer has said she long ago got over what Polanski did to her. She sued him, and a settlement was reached out of court. But the media, prosecutors and the courts in Los Angeles, California, continue to torment her, she has said. Watch what Geimer said in a HBO documentary »

Every time the case resurfaces her wounds reopen.

She most recently spoke in January, as attempts to resolve the case once again failed. She filed court papers asking a Los Angeles judge to dismiss the charges against the Oscar-winning director.

Negotiations ended when the judge insisted that Polanski come to court for a hearing. Prosecutors said he would be subject to arrest on the fugitive warrant the minute he stepped off the plane. He stayed away. Watch how Polanski might face extradition »

"Every time this case is brought to the attention of the court, great focus is made of me, my family, my mother and others," Geimer wrote in her affidavit to the court. "That attention is not pleasant to experience and is not worth maintaining over some irrelevant legal nicety, the continuation of the case."

Once an aspiring actress, Geimer has said she long ago got over what Polanski did to her. She sued him, and a settlement was reached out of court. But the media, prosecutors and the courts in Los Angeles, California, continue to torment her, she has said. Watch what Geimer said in a HBO documentary »

She most recently spoke in January, as attempts to resolve the case once again failed. She filed court papers asking a Los Angeles judge to dismiss the charges against the Oscar-winning director.

Negotiations ended when the judge insisted that Polanski come to court for a hearing. Prosecutors said he would be subject to arrest on the fugitive warrant the minute he stepped off the plane. He stayed away. Watch how Polanski might face extradition »

"Every time this case is brought to the attention of the court, great focus is made of me, my family, my mother and others," Geimer wrote in her affidavit to the court. "That attention is not pleasant to experience and is not worth maintaining over some irrelevant legal nicety, the continuation of the case."

Because the media have no respect for rape victims, and because Polanski ran away from justice he gets to get off scott-free for being rapist scum.

Because the media have no respect for rape victims, and because Polanski ran away from justice he gets to get off scott-free for being rapist scum.

Don't see how you read that into it.

i understand that you might not think it enough of a punishment, but he has not gotten off scott-free - he did serve 40-some odd days in jail, pay god know's how much over the years in legal bills, and has had his freedom/security of movement restricted for the past 3 decades

a far cry from the cheese-grater/acid treatement for sure, but then i'd rather reserve that for the folks who've displayed a complete inability to control their sick needs - this guy does not appear to have repeated his offense so would appear to have learned his lesson via less draconian methods

It's kinda funny when the actual victim says "please let's drop this thing it's been a long time and i'm over it" and the law and order types continue to hound it and call for blood, but don't realize they are simply hurting the original victim, showing once again that what's most important for these law and order types is NOT the victim.

wouldn't bug me one bit if they threw that french fucker in jail to rot...odds are he pulled that shit before...think about it...he had the whole afternoon planned and even had the drug there...fuck 'im, throw his french lame artisan ass in jail where he'll be on the receiving end as bubba's bitch...

i understand that you might not think it enough of a punishment, but he has not gotten off scott-free - he did serve 40-some odd days in jail, pay god know's how much over the years in legal bills, and has had his freedom/security of movement restricted for the past 3 decades

a far cry from the cheese-grater/acid treatement for sure, but then i'd rather reserve that for the folks who've displayed a complete inability to control their sick needs - this guy does not appear to have repeated his offense so would appear to have learned his lesson via less draconian methods

operative word being "appear"...any other punk that skipped out on sentencing would be summarily thrown in jail...instead this fucker lives the high life for the next couple o' decades, building his career, being celebrated as a great artiste, blah blah blah...screw that...

regarding victims and criminals, it isn't always so clear cut. there is a reason there is a civil and criminal as separate legal domains. clearly the victims was fine with the civil settlement, but they really have nothing to do with the violation of federal/state laws.

i served on a jury were the victim was a guy who was being beaten by his girlfriend. both of them wanted the case just to go away, but it wasn't a civil case. IMO both of them should have been in jail...apparently they like get drunk and trade off on beating the shit out of each other and then calling the police in solve the situation...and then when sober deny everything and make up. apparently that same judge had seen them about 5-6 times on the same charges (victim and aggressor swapped a couple of times) but we could not convict due to suppressed evidence.

operative word being "appear"...any other punk that skipped out on sentencing would be summarily thrown in jail...instead this fucker lives the high life for the next couple o' decades, building his career, being celebrated as a great artiste, blah blah blah...screw that...

actually i'd say his fame might actually have worked against him - your average nobody rapist sicko could escape to a country w/o extradition and never be thought of again

ummm no...my real point is that a child rapist got to go free...its always traumatic for the victim during trial, but, honestly, without stiff enough punishment, there is no deterrent and a cycle continues...

for christ sakes, he was CONVICTED and fled...wtf!?!

ummm do you all give a shit about what the person MOST AFFECTED by this situation thinks, or is y'all's moral outrage the most significant aspect of this case?

if that's the case, that's kinda shitty because it makes y'all seem just a wee bit selfish, dontcha think?

the victim would not be hurt repeatedly if the media would STFU and respect HER privacy. this is a recurring problem with rape victims in the US and that is not acceptable - further victimization of them during the legal process allows rapist fucks to get away with their crimes