Sport vs Trad

Raindawg

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

neither do i, bill...i was playing devil's advocate with you...

LOL!

PS, here's Kyle and my son after the 5th ascent of Conga Line on Rumba Ridge last month in the high country. (2 awesome pitches with a total of 1 bolt on both pitches which was added to the first pitch for the 3rd ascent). The fact that there is a 2 pitch route, the 2nd pitch has 9 bolts on it 1/2 a mile away from here, doesn't change the fact that this is a whole 'nother world. Folks can easily walk past the bolted route and go right here. You can't even see the bolts on that 9 bolt route as you walk past the base to get here. You can see them with binocs if you are looking. Impact? The trail has more impact.

Shaun_and_Kyle_after_the_Conga_Line_dance.jpg

Even Kimmo, the most unabashedly sporty one posting in this thread, is hardly a one trick pony.

unfortunately not so, offie.

my one trick: left sloper, right pinch sloper, right heel, left pinch sloper, heel to toe, dyno hard, fall offa right hand sloper. scream, repeat.

practice and more practice is the secret to this trick; 50+ times now!

5452_132803351104_703326104_2739255_514731_n.jpg

CLIP n GO!

BTW this is looking straight up, this rig is 45 degrees overhanging to start... it's pretty much a bolted V4 boulder problem out an overhanging crack to gain an arete.

F&X#@ing Canadians, giving Raindawg some grist. Looks like a great crack, whats the story Drew?

5452_132803351104_703326104_2739255_514731_n.jpg

CLIP n GO!

BTW this is looking straight up, this rig is 45 degrees overhanging to start... it's pretty much a bolted V4 boulder problem out an overhanging crack to gain an arete.

F&X#@ing Canadians, giving Raindawg some grist. Looks like a great crack, whats the story Drew?

C'mon Bill.

Get out the pic of that drill you're so proud of.

Even though it's in Canada, this is a Swiss climb.

Here's a Swiss guy climbing with knots for pro: 314909-largest_teufelsptal2.jpg

Knots on rope.

G -why you Canadians don't chop the bolts on that route is beyond me. I thought Sonny Trotter was Canadian? He climbs shit like that sans bolts. Is he in the states these days?