Shark/Kayaker picture

billcoe

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The kayaker, a shark researcher, is very much in his element. The South African team tested shark reactions to empty kayaks prior to using them for research platforms (because of their stealth, ironically).

There's only been one shark attack on a kayak that I know of: a great white got its teeth stuck in the stern hull of a guy's boat off the Farallon Islands of California. It thrashed him about until it was able to dislodged its jaws. He then paddled his sinking boat to shore, where a ranger tried to give him a ticket for landing on a wildlife sanctuary.

I paddled the Whitsundays in Australia and was warned to stay away from the mangroves and the crocs that inhabit them. Sharks...not so much. The only encounter I had with anything remotely dangerous was a curious sea snake who lazily followed me around for a while before I finally pulled away from him. The most dangerous animal in those parts was none of the above; a relatively unimposing animal about the size of a fist called a box jellyfish.

"If I had a pussy, I could fuck it."

No, no, no. Should be:

"If my ear were a puss, I could fuck it!"

i prever the far cruder...

"he said w/ a grin

as he wiped off his chin

if my ear were a cunt

i could fuck it!"

last summer my extended fam rented a sweet house at the beach for a week - they had the high def dvd set of planet earth there, which has a great bit of film of great whites eating seals - my 4 year old daugher was totally into it until suddenly and inexplicably bursting into tears that lasted for hours, screamign " the seals, the seals!" :lmao:

last summer my extended fam rented a sweet house at the beach for a week - they had the high def dvd set of planet earth there, which has a great bit of film of great whites eating seals - my 4 year old daugher was totally into it until suddenly and inexplicably bursting into tears that lasted for hours, screamign " the seals, the seals!" :lmao:

Awwwwww, poor widdo ting. Better keep her away from this new wetsuit then.

Wetsuit_450x300.jpg

Says: "No, this swimmer hasn't been attacked by a shark – he's wearing the latest must-have wetsuit.

The design, which makes the wearer look like they've just lost a fight with a great white, is one of a range of 'fresh and different suits' unveiled by Dutch maker Diddo. "