Raindawgs gonna shit himself

dberdinka

Top-shelf alpinists grid bolt Everest for pleasure of the unwashed (but quite wealthy) masses.

"The fixing of a number of bolts at this spot isn't "murdering the impossible" but a sensible act that will without a doubt save lives of Sherpas, Western climbers and guides alike." - Kenton Cool

Notice that Willie Benegas is bare-handed and in polypro while the group behind him is in full down suits. Whats up with that?

115091.jpg

115092.jpg

Edited by dberdinka

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LAME!

PEOPLE BE CLIMBING EVEREST FOR FIFTY YEARS NOW WITHOUT THEM BOLTS.

ADD A FEW AND MAKE IT EVEN DUMBER AND SAFER FOR THE MASSES

Hillary is rolling in his grave, I'm sure.

i thought they left him frozen in it?

Top-shelf alpinists grid bolt Everest for pleasure of the unwashed (but quite wealthy) masses.

"The fixing of a number of bolts at this spot isn't "murdering the impossible" but a sensible act that will without a doubt save lives of Sherpas, Western climbers and guides alike." - Kenton Cool

Notice that Willie Benegas is bare-handed and in polypro while the group behind him is in full down suits. Whats up with that?

115091.jpg

115092.jpg

I SEE THE ROOT SETTERS HAVE INFILTRATE THE HIMALAYA....

Edited by pink

LAME!

PEOPLE BE CLIMBING EVEREST FOR FIFTY YEARS NOW WITHOUT THEM BOLTS.

ADD A FEW AND MAKE IT EVEN DUMBER AND SAFER FOR THE MASSES

Hillary is rolling in his grave, I'm sure.

i thought they left him frozen in it?

Hillary, Mallory, all same right?

Given that the horde has been using fixed lines through that area tied off to a wad of other old frozen in place fixed lines anchored to who knows what, it doesn't seem like the same sort of thing as adding a dozen bolts to the Bachar-Yerian. As Dru accurately points out, it's been like a via ferrata for awhile now, this is just an anchor upgrade. If they clean out the piles of old tat and fixed ropes it will actually be an aesthetic upgrade. Oh, and to be sure, it's a liability mitigation move: if no one guided that peak I doubt the bolts would be placed.

Yes indeed Raindawg, it looks like it's your former clan, the brethren of mountain guides, who are up to these shenanigans. No self respecting sporto would go up there, you'd bulk up your legs like woah and never send your proj with all that useless heavy muscle dangling there.

... you'd bulk up your legs like woah and never send your proj with all that useless heavy muscle dangling there.

Wrong. If you go to Everest or any other super high mountain you will lose virtually all muscle bulk. The thing is to bulk up before you go, for sure, and big guys tend to do better than little guys, but you'll come home looking like the 98 pound weakling.

You're right, though: this was more of an anchor upgrade than anything else and it is not like adding bolts to the Bachar-Yerian.

The thread is a troll and not a bad one at that but Mr. Dawg has, in my opinion, responded well. I'd like to see more of those pictures Mr. B tried to link. I tried to find them on the web, but was unsuccessful. Who is the poor schmoe who carried the drill motor up there? A guide or a Sherpa?

Man, that bolt really ruins the scenery. But at least I found my red plastic end table.

must be the swede's basecamp - all that shit looks like it came from ikea - is that the oddly sexy asexual instruction-model dude i see amidst the clutter?