For the bros in the military

billcoe

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Made me curious, so I looked it up. Though hardly the pinnacle of truth, Wikipedia states:

The term far right has been used by different scholars in conflicting ways.[2] The term far right is mostly used to describe fascism, Nazism and other ultra-nationalist as well as reactionary ideologies and movements.[3][4][5][6] The BBC has called politician Pim Fortuyn's politics (Fortuynism) far right because of his policies on immigration and Muslims.[7] The term far right has been used by some, such as National Public Radio, to describe certain authoritarian governments that promote free market capitalism, such as that of Augusto Pinochet in Chile.[8][9] Left-wing publication New Left Review has called Ronald Reagan's policies "radical right".[10] The term radical right has also been used to refer to "a libertarian movement which places the individual squarely in the center" and has "even attacked such sacred taboos as taxation".[11]

so I guess I'd go with "insulting." I'm a little out of the loop, when did Janet Napolitano declare that the US military was a far right extremist group? They're certainly not radical right in the libertarian sense, the individual is nowhere near the center, Army Of One ad campaigns notwithstanding, and it seems that military personnel don't have full constitutional rights.

Hmmm, I just did a little shallow reading on the subject, which seems to be a DHS report about potential growth in right wing extremist groups, including the suggestion that they may recruit from within the ranks of returning veterans, as well as the suggestion that the personal suffering our recession is causing might create fertile ground for xenophobes intent on blaming "the other."

Sounds to me like if you think Napolitano called you a right wing extremist, you probably are one.

It is pretty easy to tell who is a right wing extremist from the comments they post. :poke:

so who r the right wing extremist around here? prolly don't have the nutsac too answer that...

i have a secret list of right wing extremists here

i can niether confirm nor deny pink's existence on said list

Perhaps unlike Necrophilia there, these guys have all sworn to uphold the constitution and have given our country the right to send them to their deaths to fulfill the obligation to that pledge. Perhaps that is something some may fear....not me.

I think it's something which is to be appreciated, celebrated and treasured.

Sorry, mistyped her name there. Necrophilic explained

My bad.

Perhaps unlike Necrophilia there, these guys have all sworn to uphold the constitution and have given our country the right to send them to their deaths to fulfill the obligation to that pledge. Perhaps that is something some may fear....not me.

I think it's something which is to be appreciated, celebrated and treasured.

Sorry, mistyped her name there. Necrophilic explained

My bad.

[video:youtube]

tempest in a teapot - i thought you desert warriors were a tough breed? - some heinious looking old lady said that, perhaps, a growth in hate groups could be fueled in part by disgruntled soldiers and you get all blubbery like she was saying you're all monsters and baby killers?

it might be fun though to waltz down memory lane and id some veterans who did in fact go extremist...

lessee, should we start w/ the founder of the most famous hate-group ever?

anyone?

nathan bedford forest - the kkk - a political organization for what? ah, yes, pissed off former soldiers.

did i say most famous? maybe i wasn't giving the nazi party its proper due - the founder - why yes, i think he was a former soldier, and his brown shirts too.

lee harvey oswald?

timothy mcveigh?

terry nichols?

ok - not the longest of lists but i'm going home now - i'm sure there's plenty of plumbers and postmen and teachers who've gone psycho leftie/rightie too, but then no one's saying they're all nuts either - the idea of watching folks who have learned and applied the skill of killing human beings in the name of a political goal to see if they've gone round the bend sounds like common sense to me though. :)

Hmmm, I'm a bit suspicious, both you and Hugo Cesare Chavez are gone for a long time and then you both show up at identical times!!!!!!!!

capt.photo_1240171551834-3-0.jpg

Whats your real name, maybe I'll send you a shirt. This was recommended by a Cuban who's buddy was a friend of this wank Che: turned out, wank was truly a murdering scum in real life according to the Cuban.

r54243546.jpg

It is pretty easy to tell who is a right wing extremist from the comments they post. :poke:

so who r the right wing extremist around here? prolly don't have the nutsac too answer that...

i have a secret list of right wing extremists here

i can niether confirm nor deny pink's existence on said list

spill it dude....