Spring garden

tvashtarkatena

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bamboo removal, flagstone replanting, pruning, weeding, general clean-up, and some blackberry control. Dinner in the evening sun on the deck.

Spring garden indeed: my climbing partners were telling me yesterday that possessions tie you down and I told them it was home ownership that does this (and as much as the house it is the yard). Damn nice to sit back and enjoy it at the end of the day, though!

Winter kills, deadfall and weeds removed and composted. Finished compost spread. Grass mowed and fertilized. Raised beds tilled, fertilized, and planted with veggies. Fresh salads in 5 weeks.

Bitches.

did u plant any "little debbies" this year?

Over the last week or so;

planted 30 lilly bulbs, turned 3 planters, got lettuce, beans, sugarsnaps, bok-choi, brussel sprouts, and some other things planted, frost killed 4 tomato plants that I planted too early, reseeded lawn, and installed soaker hose irrigation in places.

To do:

plant 4 potted roses, plant more bulbs, finish one soaker hose, bury/hide exposed soakers, pull weeds, replant new tomatoes (apparently all frosts are generally done by 4/20 around here. Easy to remember, eh?!), put pressure regulator on soaker hose line, consume beer, eat fruits of labor.

Winter kills, deadfall and weeds removed and composted. Finished compost spread. Grass mowed and fertilized. Raised beds tilled, fertilized, and planted with veggies. Fresh salads in 5 weeks.

Bitches.

did u plant any "little debbies" this year?

:lmao:

Bitches.

grrrrrr,

I'm not nearly this far along!!!

Lettuce (green deer tongue, oaky red splash, sucrine), spinach (olympia), arugula (rocket, rustic), cilantro, scarlet runner beans, chard (bright lights), kale (siberian), radishes (cherry belle). Sorel and asparagus are coming up.

Putting in the strawberries and a root crop bed in soon...gotta get some sand.

I know how you feel tvash...

Fell a big ole birch a couple feet from the house piece by piece; removed a dozen arborvitae, a hawthorn tree, a few other smaller trees, and a couple rhododendrons, all said and done - 10 trailer loads of yard debris to the recycle center. Built 3 raised beds, a chicken coup and a rabbit hutch. Oh yeah, and I bought a few more cams!