Obama sucks as a candidate to be president-the why

billcoe

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF? What planet do you live on, asshole? Show me even one instance where any conservative on this site has used that word in any fashion. You can't. And what's more; that particular word shouldn't be used in any manner--even by weak-minded liberals (like you and Hugh) who are otherwise unable to illustrate their point for whatever reason. Stop making excuses for yourself and your fellow douche bags.

What's wrong Fairweather? Stooping to the crude name-calling? I thought you asked me to avoid the personal attack and assumed you would do the same?

When I said "forums"(plural) I was talking the internet in it's entirety.

If you're curious, which I sort of doubt, go to Google groups and search the word. like alt.politics.bush or alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Try Google vid also, or YouTube and AOL political and read the comments sections. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

If you're curious, which I sort of doubt, go to Google groups and search the word. like alt.politics.bush or alt.fan.rush-limbaugh. Try Google vid also, or YouTube and read the comments sections. You'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

These ".alt" websites you're visiting are, I suspect, a big part of your problem. Try picking up a book that challenges your worldview from time to time. You seem a little too comfortable in Joblo-land.

and so it will be to Sarah Palin, a genius before her time.

Yes she is above average for a Caribou Barbi!!! Actually on an intellectual standpoint, bush with a skirt and lipstick. She's had so much less time than bush to accumulate ignorant statements but in spite of that she's doing pretty well.

1. "As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?" --Sarah Palin, interview with CNBC's "Kudlow & Co", July 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

3. "Well, let's see. There's -- of course -- in the great history of America rulings there have been rulings." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "They are also building schools for the Afghan children so that there is hope and opportunity in our neighboring country of Afghanistan." --Sarah Palin, speaking at a fundraiser in San Francisco, Oct. 5, 2008

6. "Pray for our military men and women who are striving to do what is right. Also, for this country, that our leaders, our national leaders, are sending soldiers out on a task that is from God. That's what we have to make sure that we're praying for, that there is a plan and that that plan is God's plan." –Sarah Pailn, on the Iraq war, speaking to students at the Wasilla Assembly of God, June 2008 (Watch video clip)

7. "I'll try to find you some and I'll bring them to you." --Sarah Palin, asked by Katie Couric to cite specific examples of how John McCain has pushed for more regulation in his 26 years in the Senate, CBS interview, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

8. "That's exactly what we're going to do in a Palin and McCain administration." --Sarah Palin, elevating herself to the top of the ticket, Cedar Rapids, Iowa, Sept. 18, 2008 (Watch video clip)

9. "I told the Congress, 'Thanks, but no thanks,' on that Bridge to Nowhere." –Sarah Palin, who was for the Bridge to Nowhere before she was against it

10. "I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" --Sarah Palin, as quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council

These ".alt" websites you're visiting are, I suspect, a big part of your problem. Try picking up a book that challenges your worldview from time to time. You seem a little too comfortable in Joblo-land.

I knew you really didn't want to know, it's not pretty after all

I'm more or less just an observer on usenet, it's gotten quite ugly lately.

"Why do the repugs always go with the stupid ones? Because their corporate owners know they make better puppets."

now if we can get one of the talented individuals on here to haiku this LOL!

LOL, you really want to compare Patton to McCain?

I think a comparison would be considerably more facile than a contrast.

And when we look at McCain's later performance all I really see is a repeat of the same bush style purchase of position, because intelligence isn't a requirement for political office.

I find it rather ironic that many on this site unilaterally question the intelligence of those that disagree with you. The fact is that GWB as well as McCain are well above the average intelligence. All of the rumors about GWB have been debunked and you have little left but whitewashing epithets to fall back on.

Intelligence does indeed have little to do with being a successful leader; and that is what a politician (especially a high ranking one) must be. I wont even bother challenging you to find the sources of the alleged intellectual incompetence on the behalf of GWB and McCain; it has been refuted a dz. times before and doing so again would achieve nothing.

We don't question your intelligence because you disagree with us, we question it because you're dumb.

Dumb is as dumb does. Bush fucks up 100% of the time; he's dumb. McCain has royally fucked up his campaign from Day 1; he's dumb. You voted for Bush. You're dumb.

There's more than one way to be dumb, of course. I'd say Bush and McCain have mastered several.

Edited by tvashtarkatena

I'm sure when exactly it began, maybe during the Reagan era, when the Republicans got the idea to conduct their campaigns in a devisve manner. Remember Lee Atwater - he was the best.

Since then they seem to have concentrated on scaring the public, rapists, terrorists, taxes, guns, god, and gays. Maybe they have a message on how govern in there somewhere, but I can't find it. And for all the talk about joe sixpack they have been taking money out of the middle class and shovelling it to their power elite buddies.

Odd. I think consevatism, in its true sense, fiscal responsibility, a subtle world view, and moral conviction, has something to contribute to how the US works. But particularly after 7 yrs of them running Capital Hill and the White House they are full of vacant slogans - and folks are thinking well, you had your chance.

McCain decided not to stray from this format. Scary taxes, palling around with terrorists, Putin rearing his head. Get a grip old man. Tell us how the hell we are going to dig outta this hell hole your party put us in.

I'm sure when exactly it began, maybe during the Reagan era, when the Republicans got the idea to conduct their campaigns in a devisve manner. Remember Lee Atwater - he was the best.

Since then they seem to have concentrated on scaring the public, rapists, terrorists, taxes, guns, god, and gays. Maybe they have a message on how govern in there somewhere, but I can't find it. And for all the talk about joe sixpack they have been taking money out of the middle class and shovelling it to their power elite buddies.

Odd. I think consevatism, in its true sense, fiscal responsibility, a subtle world view, and moral conviction, has something to contribute to how the US works. But particularly after 7 yrs of them running Capital Hill and the White House they are full of vacant slogans - and folks are thinking well, you had your chance.

McCain decided not to stray from this format. Scary taxes, palling around with terrorists, Putin rearing his head. Get a grip old man. Tells how the hell we are going to dig outta this hell hole your party put us in.

holy shit, was that a rational, coherent statement that just appeared in spray?

holy shit, was that a rational, coherent statement that just appeared in spray?

Ditto, nice call Jim. Additionally, although Repubs are "suppose" to be fiscally conservative, there has been little evidence of any of that in the last 3 repub admins. Even McCain doesn't make much of a pretense of making it a big issue. Clinton showed it however, and got the budget back in balance. Also, WTF is up with about every damn repub trying to get into our personal lives all the time? How about they balance the budget and get off our ass's and out of our personal lives?

Robert E. Lee was second in his class.

Grant the Butcher 21st out of 39

Patton 46th out of 109

Eisenhower upper half

Your point is crashing faster than McCain in a jet.

Well the jet thing is another point demonstrating the typical bush/McCain incompetence and privilege. How many regular pilots would be allowed to keep their wings in the Navy with that many broad daylight crashes?

Let's see

Robert E. Lee was second in his class.

Grant the Butcher 21st out of 39

Patton 46th out of 109

Eisenhower upper half

all of these could at least be arguably average, especially considering the small numbers in the classes. BTW, thanks Hugh for doing my work for me.

McCain 5th out of 899.

You guys really want to argue this is even "average" much less "above"?

People graduating from this institution are far from average to begin with. I very much doubt, but a few of you could have had a chance of attending. I am amused that you think that Grant's performance, well under 50%, is so great. And also that failing out and repeating your plebe year is somehow indicative of greatness.

I was merely pointing out that grad status has little to do with success. Look at Lee as you pointed out. Where did he finish again? #2. And how did his position end up? Right. You clearly got me kiddo.

Be a little less pompous and open minded. You cant really think that everyone that disagrees with you is void of intellect/ education. There are different ways to solve problems and different ways to look at things.

Also, I am pretty sure you wouldn't talk like you do in real life, so why don't you tone it down? Anything I say on here, I will say to your face. Please do me the same courtesy.

Have you heard/read some of Biden's gaffes? Comparable. Just yesterday he assured us that terrorists would attack within 6 months and Obama's approval ratings would plummet. Very Vice-Presidential.

Nope. That's not even close to what he said.

Dumbass.

Actually, that was precisely what he said you loud mouthed fuck.

Have you heard/read some of Biden's gaffes? Comparable. Just yesterday he assured us that terrorists would attack within 6 months and Obama's approval ratings would plummet. Very Vice-Presidential.

Nope. That's not even close to what he said.

Dumbass.

Actually, that was precisely what he said you loud mouthed fuck.

Entirely out of context

""Also, I am pretty sure you wouldn't talk like you do in real life, so why don't you tone it down? Anything I say on here, I will say to your face. Please do me the same courtesy.""

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

IN THE VERY NEXT POST!!!!!

HYPOCRIT!!!!!!!!

I never made any kind of personal attack on you so I don't know what you're talking about.

My points are valid, you have ZERO counter to the majority of them, so then you try to insinuate I'm attacking you personally.

McCain and Palin are outclassed, you could just tell by the way McCain was acting in the last debate, he knows he's beat.

"I was merely pointing out that grad status has little to do with success."

And I'm saying it can go either way. Poor performance in school generally indicates below average and excellent perf above. Of course there are exceptions.

"Look at Lee as you pointed out. Where did he finish again? #2. And how did his position end up?"

That doesn't mean he wasn't fully competent and didn't do his job very well. He was fighting a loosing war for a variety of reasons. Einstein couldn't have won it. Sheesh blame it all on one person.

""You cant really think that everyone that disagrees with you is void of intellect/ education.""

not intellect but clearly education if you think bush is above average. bush is a product of Madison avenue, AND YOU BOUGHT IT.