• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Alpinfox

stolen? Possible stolen gear being sold on craigslist

How 'bout this one? If it's not stolen, it's a hot friggin deal!!

50m Climbing Rope and chalk ball - $25 (SE)

Reply to: sale-gkthv-1085885439@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

Date: 2009-03-21, 4:27PM PDT

For Sale: Mammut Flash Single Rope 50 meter and Bison Chalk ball

Rope details: Brand new in package, never been used, 10.5 mm diameter, 50 meter, Super-Dry

Chalk ball details: Bison Chalk Ball new in package

Asking $25.00 for rope and chalk ball

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/spo/1085885439.html

Though I think I see a crack'n up in there...

Jiminy Christmas! That's not a crack'n'up. That's an anchor for an RC boat. :rolleyes:

My partner had his car busted into last night. We recovered everything except a mountain hardware South Col 90L. This was stolen from Kamloops, BC. But it may end up in/around Vancouver.

1_36395_e.jpg

Looks suspicious...

http://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/1533530332.html

Although posted on Boulder CL, the guy has two other posts on Seattle CL.

Red & blue webbing, a tri-cam, what look like some Metolius cams, Black Diamond cams (pre-C4's, C4s, C3's), color-coordinated wire gate biners, draw marked with blue & white tape.

Looks suspicious...

http://boulder.craigslist.org/spo/1533530332.html

Although posted on Boulder CL, the guy has two other posts on Seattle CL.

Red & blue webbing, a tri-cam, what look like some Metolius cams, Black Diamond cams (pre-C4's, C4s, C3's), color-coordinated wire gate biners, draw marked with blue & white tape.

Hahaha! Black Diamond "Cambors"! Yyyup. Stolen gear.

"SO I HAVE THIS CLIMBING GEAR AND I HAVE NO USE FOR IT ANYMORE SINCE I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADVANCED TERMINAL CANCER.IF INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL..."

Advanced terminal cancer? Yeah, right. :rolleyes:

"SO I HAVE THIS CLIMBING GEAR AND I HAVE NO USE FOR IT ANYMORE SINCE I HAVE RECENTLY BEEN DIAGNOSED WITH ADVANCED TERMINAL CANCER.IF INTERESTED GIVE ME A CALL..."

I agree, Steve. If I were to be diagnosed with advanced termianl cancer, I'd quit my job and climb my ass off until the day I expired.

I agree, Steve. If I were to be diagnosed with advanced termianl cancer, I'd quit my job and climb my ass off until the day I expired.

Yea, and free solo!

25 cams @ $40 each???!!!! That includes the tricam and soem older pieces as well.

No deals to be had here. Thankfully, at least we know the guy is on good drugs.

Suspicious Craigslist ad from kitsap county:

lots of new climbing gear

hey i have some climbing gear i used once and an indoor facility, and then i never went back to use it.i am not to hot on sellen in little chunks i really need the money, but if you want a few of the more expencive items we can work somethin out.(rope and harnes and quickdraws) i have a mammut passion 10mm 60 meter rope,5 oval mammut,5 blackdimond rocklock, 1 black dimond rocklock mini, caribeners i have 6 blackdimond quickdraw caribeners,and 1 wiregate caribener. 1 blackdimond atc -xp belay device, 2 mammut bleay devices as well as 2 black dimond atc-?? belay devices. aso i have a medium back dimond harnes. used never i just rented then bought all this stff and never used it gin. i live in allen, but i go to school near bremerton, so reall any place around those two plces i can meet or whatever works. i would like 350 or best offer. its al new so its worth a littlebit, if your intrested e mail @ hankhankb@hotmail.com or gimi a shout at 360 509 2411. i can send images if needed there is just alot of stuff to post pics of

I contacted the guy and he emailed a picture:

1093.JPG

Lots of brand new-looking BD gear. Not sure what those green fig-8 things are.

This was posted in another thread about Redpoint getting ripped off. Someone said that the green things are bottle openers. I think the post is in the Yard Sale.

A suspicious ad in south King county.

LINK

3nd3m83oc5V55T55S2a4qffbafaad96b9188b.jpg

I HAVE A MED. SINGING ROCK CLIMBING HARNESS, CAMELBAK MAXIMUM GEAR 3 LTR. HYDRATION PACK, BLACK CREEK GUIDE GEAR FANNY PACK WITH HYDRATION, AND SOME MISC. CLIMBING ITEMS, AND A BLAKLITE PAN SET, ALL IN A COMPASS DUFFLE BAG...... ALL ITEMS ARE NEW AND TOTAL COST OVER $400, I WANT $100 CASH . E-MAIL ME AND LEAVE A PH. NUMBER, I WILL GET RIGHT BACK TO YOU.....

Seems like the random assortment of gear one might get if they swiped a duffel out of someone's car.

Somebody found a couple bags full of climbing gear in downtown Seattle. Anybody missing any gear?

Link to craigslist ad

The ad says:

I found two bags full of climbing gear in the Sodo area, which I believe are stolen from someone.

Please contact me and describe the bags, so I can return the gear to the rightful owner.

Yeah, I sent the guy a few emails, but I haven't heard back yet. So if you all see a craigslist ad for ice screws and a pair of Aztar ice tools modified to go leashless let me know. I had two bags stolen from my car about a month ago in Bellingham. I have kept my eye open at the local pawn shops and craigslist, but haven't had any luck. chances are its gone, but one can hope.