Cancelling Vonage

rob

So, I called up to cancel my vonage account today. You can't cancel online, they make you call. The conversation went something like this:

Vonage: "Hello sir. I'm EXTREMELY sorry to hear you would like to cancel your account today. What happened? Are you unhappy with the service?"

Me: "Well, I just don't use it ever. I mostly use my cell phone."

Vonage: Our records indicate that you received 4 phone calls this month already on your vonage account. Do you realize cancelling your account may result in extra usage fees on your cell phone?"

Me: Silence. "Yeah, well, I'd just like to cancel the account."

Vonage: "I can certainly respect your decision, sir. I would only like to point out that vonage can serve as an emergency backup for when your cell phone network is down, or your cell phone battery dies. Surely you'd like to have a backup phone. Do you have kids?"

Me: (laughing out loud) No, I'd just like to cancel my account please

Vonage: I'm sorry to hear that sir. Can you please verify your identity by giving me your 4-digit vonage pin and your billing address.

Me: yeah yeah...(super sekret pin to follow)

Vonage: Allright sir, to make sure I heard you right, I would like to verify that you are asking to cancel your account, and that you do not want the added security of a vonage phone line at your house. You understand that this may result in extra cell phone usage fees, is that correct?

Me: Please, just cancel my account

Vonage: Please hold while I process this. (15 minute wait) Hello, sir, I would just like to ask you if you would like to sign up for a limited vonage account, for emergency purposes, allowing limited usage for $19.99 per month.

Me: No, please...just cancel my account

Vonage: I understand your position, sir. How about our $9.99 limited plan, which would allow...

Me: (inturupting) No! Cancel my account!

Vonage: Are you sure? I mean, it would be a waste to cancel your account when you can have emergency services only for $4.99? You don't want this? I mean, it just doesn't make sense...

Me: Please cancel my acccount!

Vonage: OK, Sir, I certainly respect your opinion. I would like to confirm for the record that you are canceling your account and understand that this action will be irreversable. Can you confirm this?

Me: YES!

Vonage: Thank you sir, even though you are no longer a vonage customer, I would like to point out that we are adding new features every month...

Me: Thanks! (Hanging up)

:lmao:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think she meant I can never have that number again, and I think I got some discount cause I had an account for over 2 years, I think I lost that when I cancelled

At least she respected my decision

:rolleyes:

How can they? You cancelled the service! er...you didn't give them your cell number, did you? You might incur added charges.

I should have called from my vonage phone. I wonder what would have happened? Would my conversation have been cut off instantly when she cancelled it? Would I have gotten free talking? Hmm...

How can they? You cancelled the service! er...you didn't give them your cell number, did you? You might incur added charges.

I should have called from my vonage phone. I wonder what would have happened? Would my conversation have been cut off instantly when she cancelled it? Would I have gotten free talking? Hmm...

They would have billed you at $50 per second system access fee for unauthorized account usage.