Burn out or peace out?

Bug

Lately I just do not have any inclination to fight on this site anymore. I am not sure what has happened. I use to love a good arguement and exchanging ideas about various things. You guys and other genders, are a lot of fun.

But I find myself tiring of the harshness.

It is not that I think harshness is never appropriate. It is a part of life sometimes and I use it to discipline my children. We all need a kick in the butt sometimes.

What makes me hesitate to hang here a lot anymore is the culture of harshness. Harsh words are the norm and the basic, common language. It is the one consistent theme through almost every thread.

OK, I have to admit to taking an Isha Yoga course too. It has me all peaced out and more aware of the negative or positive impact I have on the people around me. I know I have been amoung the worst at times so please do not take this as anykind of judgement.

I have no underlying need to hurt you guys. Even though may of us do not take these things personally, some do.

I just do not feel comfortable partaking nor even exposing my self to large doses of the negative exchanges that go on here anymore. There are better choices available.

TR's and info exchanges will be my primary use of the site for awhile.

Carry on.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

avoiding negativity completely, and spewing nothing but negativity, are two sides of the same coin.

Spray is what you make it, so why don't you continue to post in spray, but with your newfound positive attitude? :tup:

Someone once said the middle path is the correct one. Well, at least, that's what people say he said. Of course, they weren't there to hear him say that, so who knows. But still, it sounds about right to me.

Hmm. My feelings are not hurt.

I just see no point in us bashing each other purely for the sake of bashing. It is not an activity I am currently feeling enriched by.

"Get a life"?

That is the point.

Think about what you're doing. You're typing into a "Fake Society", where normal social protocols do not exist, and whamping about how these new societal norms rub you the wrong way, since you've started doing yoga. You are babbling about this on a BBS where the primary focus of discussion is climbing. If you think I should give a fuck, you have no life.

Think about what you're doing. You're typing into a "Fake Society", where normal social protocols do not exist, and whamping about how these new societal norms rub you the wrong way, since you've started doing yoga. You are babbling about this on a BBS where the primary focus of discussion is climbing. If you think I should give a fuck, you have no life.

It is not fake. At least I am not and I have met a few other people on this site who are not fake either. The way we interact is not fake.

Normal social protocols are not what I am looking for. If the only path to being "other than normal" is being harsh, then you reasons for being here might be better addressed in an anger management class.

The focci of most posts in spray have nothing to do with climbing. Is your harshness in this case due to the fact that my questions rub you the wrong way? Or do you have a logical arguement for why I should censor myself?

I do not think you should give a f@#$, but you clearly do. Otherwise, why would you bother responding?

Lately I just do not have any inclination to fight on this site anymore. I am not sure what has happened. I use to love a good arguement and exchanging ideas about various things. You guys and other genders, are a lot of fun.

But I find myself tiring of the harshness.

It is not that I think harshness is never appropriate. It is a part of life sometimes and I use it to discipline my children. We all need a kick in the butt sometimes.

What makes me hesitate to hang here a lot anymore is the culture of harshness. Harsh words are the norm and the basic, common language. It is the one consistent theme through almost every thread.

OK, I have to admit to taking an Isha Yoga course too. It has me all peaced out and more aware of the negative or positive impact I have on the people around me. I know I have been amoung the worst at times so please do not take this as anykind of judgement.

I have no underlying need to hurt you guys. Even though may of us do not take these things personally, some do.

I just do not feel comfortable partaking nor even exposing my self to large doses of the negative exchanges that go on here anymore. There are better choices available.

TR's and info exchanges will be my primary use of the site for awhile.

Carry on.

:moondance:

I think your position has been mentioned before. I believe what came out of it is the Cafe Sensitiviso. Maybe bringing more activity to that forum would be the Middle Way? You still get to spray, but you don't get the negativity.

I purposely posted here to see what kind of response I got in a "flame-on" environment.

The lack of harshness on this thread is surprising.

I must be blocked out by more than I suspected.

Compare Choada-boy's replies to that of KasKad...

One is openly confrontational and harsh. The other is disagreeing in a humorous manner.

Porter disagreed humorously as well.

Just an observation.

P.S. No petuli oil. Just a lot of work.

Bug,

i find that my relationship with cc.com goes in phases. I certinly don't have the time to post that i used to... part of that is that i don't want to have that kind of time on the computer. we all go through changes. I am not as harsh as i used to be on this site. mostly becuase i don't have to be. maybe what is going isn't that cc.com is too harsh, perhpas it is that your interests are just else where. I miss being more than an outsider here. but it isn't worth my time to try to keep us any more. i check in, i read what interests me and i leave the rest.

~Muffin