Missile Command...

JayB

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...
Prices haven't bottomed out yet.

Hard to say, given the recent blip. You certainly don't know one way or the other, just like the rest of us, chowderhead.

I'm still thinking they haven't bottomed out yet. I have mathematical models. It's a science, you know.

case-shiller_seatiers-yoy_2008-07-tn.png

Prices haven't bottomed out yet.

Hard to say, given the recent blip. You certainly don't know one way or the other, just like the rest of us, chowderhead.

I'm still thinking they haven't bottomed out yet. I have mathematical models. It's a science, you know.

case-shiller_seatiers-yoy_2008-07-tn.png

Microsoft hiring freeze, Boeing strike, local startups dead in the water.

crater town here we come!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Well, seems to be some people on a beer budget still think sinking $ into their home is a good idea, even when they are not DIY. Seems like a losing bet, esp if your not a DIY person; however, I am usually wrong. sickie

During the last depression my grandmother had nothing but somehow managed to get into real estate without borrowing from banks, had seven kids, ended up in foster care ::skull:: before the nursing home at 92.

Anyway, uber rich people seem to buy things up when they hit rock bottom--still see more home 4 sale signs going up--IMO still has not hit bottom; latest oil thuggery will drive the border liners under pretty soon I reckon.

:moondance:

Edited by Lucky Larry

Well, seems to be some people on a beer budget still think sinking $ into their home is a good idea, even when they are not DIY. Seems like a losing bet, esp if your not a DIY person; however, I am usually wrong. sickie During the last depression my grandmother had nothing but somehow managed to get into real estate without borrowing from banks, had seven kids, ended up in foster care ::skull:: before the nursing home at 92. Anyway, uber rich people seem to buy things up when they hit rock bottom--still see more home 4 sale signs going up--IMO still has not hit bottom; latest oil thuggery will drive the border liners under pretty soon I reckon.

:moondance:

I see that the cost to buy (a home) is getting to @ the cost to rent in many cities. Assuming a 95% fill rate for rentals, that indicates to me that the bottom has been reached in those places. (this has NOT occurred in PDX). Given that there is usually an over reaction and things will continue down beyond what they should based on folks perceived notion that because they just went down then it is a bad investment, they will continue for a bit on the downward side. But as Larry says, it can be a good time for average folks, like his Grandmother, if they are paying attention, to get in the game. Larry, if you want to look at getting into this game, with no money down with nothing more than just your good looks and strong right arm wielding a hammer or saw, I'd recommend revising a few gems of yesteryear. Look for the hardcover versions, which can often be bought for $.01/ea plus $3.99 shipping. For many years of go-go real estate, this was not possible: but it's back and available to do now. In this first example, Allen "makes a bet with himself that he can train three persons, literally "from the unemployment line," to acquire a residential property within 90 days and put $5000 cash in the bank" .

http://www.amazon.com/Challenge-Robert-G-Allen/dp/0671526189/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1298735144&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/How-Buy-Manage-Rental-Properties/dp/0671644238/ref=sr_1_fkmr1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1298734912&sr=1-1-fkmr1#reader_0671644238

http://www.amazon.com/Build-Real-Estate-Money-Machine/dp/0910019428/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1298735031&sr=1-4

It's not about being rich, or smart. It's about being brave and committing to a course of action. Lots of folks read this stuff, but never take the first step in doing it.

Anyhow, we have some big assed shit hitting the fan all at once right now in this country. 1st, Prices will rise on about everything. I have an ounce of Gold bet that gas will hit $5.00 a gallon before the end of 2012. Look at the prices of anything though: food, cars, clothes. It's all going up. Partially driving that will be the Yuan/dollar moments that our government has insisted on and that will continue to be occurring.

Next, the massive US debt is going to drive us into the shit hole. The Chinese appear to have stopped being the buyer of US treasure bonds and in response the Fed has stepped into that role. As of today, the largest creditor in the US is no longer China and Japan but the Fed. It happened almost overnight. Just to clarify, the citizens of the US are not the Fed, the fed is a bunch of private banks like JP Morgan. http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10489 They own you now. Congratulations.

3rd) Our trade imbalance has continued to get worse and is about as upside down as it's ever been. We were funding a robust economy via credit, folks borrowing off their homes and heloc loans. That's over. The US gov't stepped in and is trying to keep it propped up. We'll see how that goes, it's all uncharted territory in many ways for many reasons. Without the gold standard to balance things, maybe they can continue to play these games. Maybe not.

Perfect storm.

Yet it doesn't mean that you, Larry, or anyone, can't find a niche and get rich. In fact, it's a better time than before. Right now. Good luck! :wave: