• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
olyclimber

"Past 24 hours" Menu Item

i'd like to know how many people use the "past 24 hours" button anyway? i seldom do.

I like it. If there are some active threads I'm following, it is a good quick way to see whether there's anything new. I find it handy to have "past 24" (w/out spray) and "past 48" (with).

Me2 :wave:

Hey Porter, the link on the "Portal Page" still points to the address with teh Sprayage still disprayed.

ssshhh!

Edited by rob

Can we get the "Last 48 hours" link to just show each thread once, as it is on the "Last 24 Hours" link?

Thanks Porter!!

I can't view "Active Topics" without getting spray. If I click on "spray free" it automatically takes me back to all active posts. Is this still being worked on or is it my computer?

Also it would be really nice if you could set your preferences for this view so you don't have to click four different times to get to the view you want.

Somewhat related: When I click "Past 24h", I get a spray-free list of active posts. Clicking "Page 2" on the bottom brings me to page 2 of the list - with spray included. Then again, clicking "spray-free" leads to the spray-free list - but also back to page 1.

Doesn't bother me much, but it seems inconsistent...

Thanks. It's on a very long to do list for us. Unfortunately they changed a bunch of things on our message board software that broke a bunch of features.

Somewhat related: When I click "Past 24h", I get a spray-free list of active posts. Clicking "Page 2" on the bottom brings me to page 2 of the list - with spray included. Then again, clicking "spray-free" leads to the spray-free list - but also back to page 1.

Any word when this may be fixed? Some days I like spray. Some days I don't have the time before work to sift through it all. Thanks.

Any word when this may be fixed? Some days I like spray. Some days I don't have the time before work to sift through it all. Thanks.

Bump because spray is deterring me from coming to this site.

any way for me to do the last 24hrs and have everything but beacon AND spray show up, since beacon threads are spray after the first 5 posts? that'd be great..

Bump... been using the "Past 24 Hours" button lately. First page is awesome (no spray), but the 2, 3, 4 links at the bottom are... the same content as the first page, but with spray interleaved. Weak.

Past 24 hours: ubbthreads.php?ubb=activetopics&range=1&type=p&nospray=1

Next page: ubbthreads.php/activeposts/1/2

I can't even figure out a way to get to a spray-free page 2. Any ideas?

i second this. last 24hrs page 1 spray free is great. the rest is useless. i'm not going to wade through the crap after page 1.

any help much appreciated.

Would be nice to be able to have an profile option as to whether that link went to active posts or active topics. I prefer the latter.

I see the "no-spray" option is working for pages 2 and beyond. Thanks!

Now I'm seeing a lot of MSH permit traffic, that's about as useful to me as spray. Any chance you could filter that out of the "Past 24 Hours" link as well?

I'm just looking for recent posts that don't suck.

Actually it's because there hasn't been any spray in days. Imagine that! But yes we need to fix that.

I think your suggestion is good and we'll get rid of the permit forum traffic in the search results. We appreciate people's patience with this, I know it's a bit of annoying, but it really does have a huge benefit to us and will more in the future.

Now I'm seeing a lot of MSH permit traffic, that's about as useful to me as spray. Any chance you could filter that out of the "Past 24 Hours" link as well?

+1