Berkeley Police

JayB

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the show and saw that go down (and was quoted in the artcle when all I really wanted to do was sell some pictures). It was pretty much about 20 people actually being crazy and the rest of the 200 or so just standing around watching. People were mad that the police were using force, but really it was pretty justified. After about 10 minutes of not being able to move the car to take the guy that they arrested to the station, I think the police were just planning on letting the guy go and getting out of there, but people just wouldn't let them go, and were throwing things at them. It was just bad luck that one of the police cars wouldn't start or something, so they just left it when they all retreated. The article says that SWAT dispersed the crowd, but really they just left and waited until everyone was gone to move the car. I'm pretty sure alcohol had a lot to do with the whole thing. It was a pretty ridiculous thing to see.

close_and_wide_low_res.jpg

V-day_low_res.jpg

I always find it interesting when a Police Agency is controlled by a City Council and their radical ideas rather than the law they are supposed to enforce. Wow, I forgot I live in Seattle. Berkley - Seattle same thing. I remember Seattle Council Members making up a similar ordinance condeming the war and the troops. They backed out of that one too. Hopefully the Feds will take all Federal funding from the City, Highways, and Police Force. Then they can run around naked, smoking pot, and catch STD's (since free love doesn't really exist). Then we can just dismiss that city as another Fremont area where everyone is wacked out of their minds.

I know that there are many people out there that are or were in my position-who are very ready and willing to take the next step in their progression in more challenging methods.

Anyone who shares my passion and interests....anyone who is looking into forming a small group...I would love to hear from you.

If there is anyone that could help me make this a possibility, I would worship you forever. I have the motivation, I have the strength, the only thing that is missing is the opportunity.

problem is....I could ALWAYS do it on my own, but wouldn't actually prefer it to be that way...

I'm experiencing a great deal of restrictions and limitations as a result..and it seems like nobody my age has the right amount of patience and determination and commitment to train as I do. I just cant find the right people, and I want to start at an early age. I was hoping to meet someone that has more experience with gear use, and could therefore teach me something.

Well, I would love for it to be so easy. The thing is, I do not have any major experience and need to learn the techniques... Thats why I'm posting in this forum.

With transportation issues and lack of steady income...it is very difficult for me to "just do it". It is also safer to have others with you...

As an alumni, that Evergreen event interests me.

What is happening in Olympia lately: we've seen reports of anti-military protestors hurting innocent garbage cans and now an angry mob turns over a police car.

Apparently a few weeks ago a big angry group gathered outside the Evergreen police station after someone was arrested. I don't know the details, but I don't think anything serious happened. The Evergreen PD does have a couple of pretty bad officers that have caused a lot of PR problems over the last 5 years or so, and I think between some of the things that they have done and the whole deal at the port people are starting to get pretty serious about showing their frustration. I thought the police did a terrible job at the port, but the other night they did a pretty good job. If they had stayed and tried to get things under control it would have turned out much worse.