Barack

olyclimber

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a McCain supporter from the get-go, I have been hoping for a Hillary nomination--simply because I think she'll be the easiest candidate for my party to defeat. But seeing the Clinton political machine fucking with Obama the past couple of weeks and throwing out race bait like candy has reminded me why I never liked Billary. They're poison. I find myself rooting for Obama despite the fact that I'm not sure McCain can beat him. I don't really care for any of Obama's ideas, but I think a fair fight between ideals is in order--and Obama represents a clear contrast versus McCain. It would be nice if the general election were such a clear choice for voters.

but also funny to hear "simply because I think she'll be the easiest candidate for my party to defeat" since that has been said as a conspiracy theory as to why faux news was so obsessed with her ;)

If they are obsessed with her, it's simply because she is so detestable and provides so much fodder. Oh yea; the typical FOX viewer doesn't like her much either, I suspect.

A President Like My Father

A prez is mostly a figurehead anyway. But he/she could inspire and lead if they got the right stuff. We have grown so cynical in the past 20+ years that we hardly believe that its possible to be otherwise. We look for every possible angle to knock others down (..ahemmm.. cc.com). Obama is only human, but JFK said "Ask not what your country can do for you..etc" and people really bought into it. Imagine that, they really believed in him, and then Bobby K too. If Obama can think fast on his feet (which he can) he will overcome his minor short comings. He will inspire and bring out the most in people around the world and a lot of things will suddenly appear possible that we once thought were not.

Can you imagine Hillary getting anything done? Personally I like her too and would take her over any republican - but she brings up so much negative feelings for so many people, there would be nothing but bickering for four years.

There's something happening. Maybe we can't explain it completely but something a little different is beginning to happen. Barack is part of that and a lot of people from various ideologies are beginning to sense it. He is the only guy I think has a chance to cut through the BS and stay real. THAT gives me hope.

" there would be nothing but bickering for four years."

I think you've nailed it right there. Having used WJC as her attack dog has really lowered my estimation of both Clintons. In all honesty though, and I said it before, I wasn't going to vote for her anyway. I've seen enough of "dynastic" political families.

And Obama rhymes with Osama (bin Laden).

and you know there are ignorant voters out there who will factor that into their decision.

you think it's just the fact that it rhymes :/

you think some joe in a middle eastern country would vote for a schmuck named george :crazy:

Sadly, I still think Hillary will probably win the Dem nomination. She and Bill pretty much run the Democratic Party, IMO. And they'll use any dirty trick in the book to cut Obama's legs out from beneath him. Sad, indeed.

Wow, do you and Rush Limbaugh have the same writer?