cc.com is now a recruiting office?

dt_3pin

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Army raised the enlistment age to 42 in 2006.

So, how many of you defenders of liberty are that age or younger? Why haven't you joined up yet? I mean, if you can climb, you can fight - right? In fact, you are the very folks the Special Forces are looking for, that's why the ad is here. Serenity can no doubt give you the lowdown on what to expect and how to navigate today's Army to fit in fast. And if you're older than 42 then are your kids serving or are you encouraging you kids to enlist when they get out of highschool?

So, what's the real word here? Is this all talk or are you prepared to support your beliefs with your own life or your childrens'. The recruiting office near you is open today and you or your kids still have time to make it over there.

Talking shit on line is about as daring as clipping bolts. Join the Army Special Forces and you'll be doing some dirty, runout trad for at least a little while - and serving your country.

a classic song about a recruiter and the recruited...

In a similar vein, based on actual events

Recruiting Sargeant by B. Hallet, performed by Great Big Sea

Two recruiting sergeants came to the CLB,

For the sons of the merchants to join the Blue Puttees;

All hands enlisted, five hundred young men,

Enlist, ye Newfoundlanders, and come follow me.

They crossed the broad Atlantic in the brave Florizel,

And on the sands of Suvla, they entered into hell;

'Twas on those bloody beaches, the first of them fell,

So it's over the mountains and over the seas,

Come, brave Newfoundlanders, and join The Blue Puttees;

You'll fight the Hun in Flanders, and at Galipoli,

The call came from London for the last July drive,

"To the trenches with the Regiment, prepare yourselves to die."

Roll call next morning, just a handful survived,

So it's over the mountains and over the seas,

Come, brave Newfoundlanders, and join The Blue Puttees;

You'll fight the Hun in Flanders, and at Galipoli,

The stone men on Water Street still cry for the day,

When the pride of their city, went marching away;

A thousand men slaughtered, to hear the King say,

...The founding fathers would be so proud.

Frankly, I don't have a problem with recruiting ads on this site.

Curious, but were the Founding Fathers, in their time, in favor of a standing army? Rather, it seemed that they believed that the citizens armed with the power of their convictions and guns would form a milita to repel enemies. Also, didn't the people see the danger of foreign mercenaries, e.g, the Hessians, that they were furiously against them? More importantly, a U.S. soldier takes an oath uphold and defend the Constitution, that is, the People. What or who does the mercenary hold allegiance to?

I'd see the standing army as a symptom of something larger that is a threat.

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a moneyed aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs."
Thomas Jefferson

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Thomas Jefferson

Ok, call me crazy...

...chronic deficit spending (the hallmark of the welfare state)...the welfare state is nothing more than a mechanism by which governments confiscate the wealth of the productive members of a society to support a wide variety of welfare schemes. A substantial part of the confiscation is effected by taxation. But the welfare statists were quick to recognize that if they wished to retain political power, the amount of taxation had to be limited and they had to resort to programs of massive deficit spending, i.e., they had to borrow money, by issuing government bonds, to finance welfare expenditures on a large scale.

Gold and Economic Freedom, Alan Greenspan, 1966

http://www.321gold.com/fed/greenspan/1966.html

But, article from Washington Post informs us that since the percentage of the cost of war is small compared to GDP then it'll be painless. Whatever...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2007/05/07/AR2007050701582_2.html

"If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered."
Thomas Jefferson

should the children of rapacious assholes be at all suprised that they exhibit the same aggresive, capitalistic indifference to one another that their forefathers did?