Awesome new Pizza Hut pizza!

Cobra_Commander

i grew up in NY and when i moved out in the world and had 'pizza' elsewhere i was like "this isn't actually pizza it's bread with some cheese and tomato sauce on top - pizza is something different - you get it in NY". not that non-NY 'pizza' is bad or anything it's just different and what you want to call it is just semantics. i miss real pizza sometimes - i remember being a little kid (really, i was small for a child when i was a child) and when i would stay after school for soccer i would take the city bus home and it would be cold but a slice of pizza would warm me up. i don't know how it is now but it used to be at any pizza parlor all the guys that worked there spoke italian and many didn't speak much english.

oh and :pagetop:

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i don't know how it is now but it used to be at any pizza parlor all the guys that worked there spoke italian and many didn't speak much english.

One of my favorite things about NY is the fact that it IS still like this in most places. We have an Italian restaurant that we always go to when I go back, and it is the greatest place, you open the door and it is like you're transported into an episode of the Sopranos or something, except that it's genuine. Never had Italian food, or pizza either, that even comes close anywhere else...

and forget trying to find a cannoli out here, an impossible quest... so sad :(

Edited by motomagik

One of my favorite things about NY is the fact that it IS still like this in most places. We have an Italian restaurant that we always go to when I go back, and it is the greatest place, you open the door and it is like you're transported into an episode of the Sopranos or something, except that it's genuine. Never had Italian food, or pizza either, that even comes close anywhere else...

:tup:

what's up with greta?

I grew up on the east coast and too was at a loss when I moved to the NW. The lack of pizza, bagels and hoagies was daunting. So after all these years the best I can come up with is overpriced tuta bella and paglacrotchie. The big times pizza is ok....but I'm having a hard time finding that thin ny style slice that is huge and cheap. Whats your favorite pizza in the NW?

I grew up on the east coast and too was at a loss when I moved to the NW. The lack of pizza, bagels and hoagies was daunting. So after all these years the best I can come up with is overpriced tuta bella and paglacrotchie. The big times pizza is ok....but I'm having a hard time finding that thin ny style slice that is huge and cheap. Whats your favorite pizza in the NW?

Best Pizza ever?

REALLY good pizza is hard to find in the PNW.

There is this place in Stayton, OR, can’t remember the name but I remember the place. They made a Pizza that was not exactly round, more of an oblong square.

It was good, REALLY good. I think it was on like 5th and something like that. If you are going through Stayton, OR and are on a search for the perfect Pizza it is a must do spot.

In Yakima, after you cross over the rail road tracks, somewhere around North 1st Ave, there are a series of converted box cars into restaurants. There is a VERY good Pizza shop there.

So you want to go out for Pizza in Seattle, where would you go for the best Pizza?

REALLY good pizza is hard to find in the PNW.

I disagree. Escape from New York Pizza is great. Round Table has great pizza. Hell....even freschetta pizza hits the spot once in a while.

oops, just found an Escape from NY Pizza in Portland. Are they migating North? Or will everything that is good from Cal stop in OR?

I see from their web page that Escape from NY has an area code of 415, adn 650. do you think they can deliver to Seattle?

Round Table is OK, not what I would call great. I think Mad Pizza is better than RT.

It used to be Guido's Pizza was realy good but they sold out to Zeeks and well, zeek's doesn't get it done for me.

Hey, it's Friday, PIZZA Night!

Edited by sirwoofalot

Some day, son, you'll have real pizza and change your mind.

Ok.....what is your definition of "real pizza"? Let me guess....something from New York? Everyones taste buds are different friend.

Escape From NY - it's in NW, 23rd I think? Best pizza in Portland, by far. But I might be biased, being from NY and all....

Have you been here yet? kens artisan pizza :chebit:

Stellars in Georgetown :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :moondance: :moondance" . Hands down the best local Pizza I've had. Great beer tap to boot, friendly wait staff.

Starting to drool just thinking about it :grin:

OK, I could not find MoonDance in Seattle, but I did find Stella's. I am going to drive from the hood all the way down to Georgetown for this pizza. 5513 Airport Wy S. just north of Exit 162.

IT'S PIZZA NIGHT!!!!

When I was in Hood River a few years ago, I stopped here:

http://pietrosrestaurants.com/index.php?IDContent=2

and really liked it.

That place is pretty good. For Seattle, I think Zagi's in Ballard and Piecora's on Cap Hill both make great pies. I'm pretty sure the Zagi's staff is perma-baked, so don't be surprised if you wind up with something different than you ordered. I like surprises, so it works out fine.

Stellars in Georgetown :tup: :tup: :tup: :tup: :moondance: :moondance" . Hands down the best local Pizza I've had. Great beer tap to boot, friendly wait staff.

Starting to drool just thinking about it :grin:

OK, I could not find MoonDance in Seattle, but I did find Stella's. I am going to drive from the hood all the way down to Georgetown for this pizza. 5513 Airport Wy S. just north of Exit 162.

IT'S PIZZA NIGHT!!!!

When I was in Hood River a few years ago, I stopped here:

http://pietrosrestaurants.com/index.php?IDContent=2

and really liked it.

That place is pretty good. For Seattle, I think Zagi's in Ballard and Piecora's on Cap Hill both make great pies. I'm pretty sure the Zagi's staff is perma-baked, so don't be surprised if you wind up with something different than you ordered. I like surprises, so it works out fine.

How did I end up with my last post twice. I guess I am just excited about new pizza hide outs.

Zagi's is closer by physical distance, but I am thinking Stella might be closer by the time it takes to travel. It will take you 30 min to get in or out of Ballard, the center of nowhere, or as my wife calles it the white getto.

Have you ever had Mad Pizza?