Best IPA in the NW

goatboy

Page-HOP :pagetop:

Okay Dru, then you can bring your worst stout in September if that makes you happy. Whatever you like. This reinforces my theory that Canadians don't make good IPA, and don't appreciate it when they get it. It's an acquired taste, for sure. Took my Canadian wife awhile to learn the miracle of the hops as well...

Meanwhile, as for finding obscure IPA's like the one John mentioned, try BOTTLEWORKS on 45th Ave...they have a lot of everything, and many I don't see anywhere else...I have seen the Dogfish 120 in there before in the past...

Bottleworks - 1710 N. 45th Seattle, WA

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think we can limit this to the NW.

Stone's Runiation is the best.

Moylan's Hopsickle is up there.

Walking Man Homo Erectus is good.

TG is solid.

And, though not really an IPA, Bear Republic's Hop Rod Rye is good.

I also regularly do Inversion, Stone's regular IPA, Hop Ottin. I like the 60 and 90 minute, but $8 for a 12oz bottle of 120-minute is steep.

If you guys are in P-town and have not been to Johns Market on Multnomah, GO!!!! They have absolutely everything.

120 minutes later... 20% ABV 120 IBU skull

Hell yeah, now that is IPA. I got to find me some of this when I am back. Does anyone know who has this in Seattle???

My favorite regularly found IPA is I2PA_XS.gif

Before I made it out west my favorite was Castle Springs Lucknow IPA, super bitter and hoppy, a great beer from NH. I think they have gone to the wayside now.

Dru- STFU if you cannot appreciate a good cold IPA on a hot summer day they I don't know what is wrong with you. Especially if you think it taste like piss and grapefruit, it might be something to check out with a doctor. By the way how did you find out what piss and grapefruit taste like, um, I take that back I don't really want to know.

Edited by ken4ord

I still have a empty bottle of IPA I saved from over a year ago.

Dogfish Head 120 Minute IPA

Alc. 20% by volume.

From what I remember just one bottle will kick your ass in a good way. It's kind of sad that technically I can drink again, but it just ain't worth it till I can get off one set of pills I'm on till next year. :cry:

Dru, I'm sorry but you don't know a thing about beer.

120 minutes later... 20% ABV 120 IBU skull

I just checked, Columbia Distributing on Swan Island has this in stock. 3 case minimum. $143.00/case (~$6 per bottle). Seems a little steep. :brew:

20% alcohol seems like it'd take it outa the "beer" category for me.

How do they get it so strong? Do they add everclear or distill it? I thought wine was the strongest stuff ~14% that you can get with natural fermentation (at which point the alcohol content kills the yeast)?

~6$/bottle would not be especially expensive wine (which this stuff basically is!)

For those of you who can't find

- 60, 90 or 120 min doghead (12 oz bottle)

- TG IPA (6 pack)

- Hair of the Dog Blue Dot (22 oz bottle)

in SEA for whatever reason and will be at Colin's slideshow get a hold of me.

Hmm, not familiar with Hair of the Dog Blue Dot...good???

• 6 months later...