The Mazama Store

snugtop

How hard is it to make a frickin sandwich?

Those people are the slowest in the world. This Sunday I was in there as four subarus full of lesbian cyclists came in right before me. So I try to get on "line" but more and more lesbians kept coming. So I tried to order anyway. No luck, the sandwich lady wasn't listening. Finally I just gave up and tried to buy ginger snaps at the counter. That too, proved too difficult for the counter guy to figure out.

The thing is every time I go in there, it's the same thing: a group they can't handle. You'd think they'd have the crowd control down by now!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey if you cant beat them..

Mazama is on of 4 places that I would have trouble being uptight in.

2.Talkeetna

3. Toulome

4.Cuzco

Funny, when I was in Cuzco there was a bit of a riot and the whole town square got shut off by tanks. It was exciting to say the least!

there are certain places here in town that i know that i just wont go if i am in a rush. i love the food and i go when i have time but the service is just slow and has been slow since sometime in the early 60's when pot smoking became prevalent here. you can not change others, you can only change yourself. don't go there if you want speedy service. if you have time, go there sit back, enjoy the ride :)

I like to run on hippy time some times :moondance: and i get a contact high :tup:

Just because they are small does not make them good.

Second, they are chock full of tourist crap--you know the $25 Nalgenes with the goat on them and the hats and ponchos and all that...point being they EXiST for tourists...and when you finally want an overpriced sandwich they can't take your order!

grrr!

And btw, Mazama's overrated. Twisp is where it's at!

Second, they are chock full of tourist crap--you know the $25 Nalgenes with the goat on them and the hats and ponchos and all that...point being they EXiST for tourists...and when you finally want an overpriced sandwich they can't take your order!

grrr!

And btw, Mazama's overrated. Twisp is where it's at!

if you don;t like it why did you stop there for a sandwich?

I like the store. Listening to the locals, everyone checkin' each other out, waving...

Mazama: crashing in a yard/Mike throwing up before Der Diehedral, Spring-ski-in, Bigwig, good memories...

Different pace, for sure. WTF do people do there for work?

DUH!!!

and you should tell others and them of your experience. it's the only way they might change.

and.... speaking of uptight seattle hippie types....

went to trader joes after work and bypassed the line of cars going into the parking lot. saw a spot at the end of the lot so i went into the exit and swiped the spot. not one, but two ladies had openend their window to inform me i went in thru the exit and even so much as called me rude. i said "yup, i got the spot" :fahq:

Second, they are chock full of tourist crap--you know the $25 Nalgenes with the goat on them and the hats and ponchos and all that...point being they EXiST for tourists..

I agree they have a lot of stupid tourist shit and not that much in the way of groceries and shit for locals, but its also definitly the spot for locals to stop and shoot the shit over coffee or a beer.

I agree they have a lot of stupid tourist shit and not that much in the way of groceries and shit for locals, but its also definitly the spot for locals to stop and shoot the shit over coffee or a beer.

Mazama has locals? Seems like it's all high priced ski cabins and rentals. Go to Antlers in Twisp if you want to hang out with the locals.