Nice climbing guys?

archenemy

So I have met so many guys who climb who are hot. But they seem to be pigs. This doesn't seem to happen so much in other sports, sports like engineering, coding, and general nerding. What the fuck is up with that?

I really want to know why the "dirtbag" lifestyle is more attractive than the "holy shit, I think this woman is so cool I believe I will go ahead and give it a try" lifestyle.

Lay it on guys. I want to hear the unvarnished truth.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because cool and attractive women mean that men have to grow up.

It's all about taking responsibility for oneself and establishing priorities. Most men don't like to do that (IMO), and often it takes the right woman to open men's eyes enough to enable that. Also, men have to want to have things like children, stable relationship etc, and that doesn't happen to most men till about mid-30. Well, it happens, but we don't generally take responsibility for it till later. Women are right into that shit from 25 on. If it doesn't happen, a dirt bag evolves.

Hard to explain on teh typewriter after 2 beers.

So I have met so many guys who climb who are hot. But they seem to be pigs.

Men don't need to be hot to be pigs. I don't think there are more hot men who are pigs compared to the general male population. On the other hand, there are more hot men in the general male population than there are among coders.

So I have met so many guys who climb who are hot. But they seem to be pigs. This doesn't seem to happen so much in other sports, sports like engineering, coding, and general nerding. What the fuck is up with that?

I really want to know why the "dirtbag" lifestyle is more attractive than the "holy shit, I think this woman is so cool I believe I will go ahead and give it a try" lifestyle.

hmm most of the climbers i meet are more on the high payin job side...probably climb to balance it all out...the dirtbag lifestyle is more appealing because it is more pure, rugged, earthy...you gotta understand something to want to spend a majority of your time playin outside!

You seem to be asking a two different questions here. Being a pig doesn't necessarily make you a dirtbag and the other way around.

I think in those other sports those guys are probably still pigs, but they just have better filters so it seems they are not pigs. Basically their dick doesn't overrun the thoughts in their head and cause them to spew their dick thoughts all over the place. BTW when did that shit become sports is what I want to know? did it happen sometime while I have been in Rwanda?

Dirtbagging = no responsibility = freedom to do whatever the fuck you want = fun. I think the dirtbags ideal woman is one where they can say "Holy shit, this woman is so cool, I can't believe she won't cramp my style and try to change my lifestyle." Hell the thing I love most about my gf is that she seems to understand that it is a two way street, she gives me the freedom to do the things I like and I do, like climbing (though no more soloing), mountain biking (even night riding and free-riding though she thinks I will kill myself doing that stuff someday), drinking with the boys until 4am if I want (even though she thinks that might kill me someday too). In return I try to do the same for her spend family time, do romatic stuff, plan family trips, and not try and kill myself doing stupid stuff. That is my unvarnished truth.

Because cool and attractive women mean that men have to grow up.

It's all about taking responsibility for oneself and establishing priorities. Most men don't like to do that (IMO), and often it takes the right woman to open men's eyes enough to enable that. Also, men have to want to have things like children, stable relationship etc, and that doesn't happen to most men till about mid-30. Well, it happens, but we don't generally take responsibility for it till later. Women are right into that shit from 25 on. If it doesn't happen, a dirt bag evolves.

Hard to explain on teh typewriter after 2 beers.

What a bunch of sexist shit you have written...holy cow. I know its your opinion, but could you have toned it down a bit. I give it right back.....a very wise man told me once, "women are not worth a damn until 30". So I agree with the age thing you pointed out.