F***ing Taxes

KaskadskyjKozak

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody take even longer than that?

Easily! Adopt a couple of rugrats and see how long it takes you then. Over 13 hours over three days last year. And last year was the first year I've gotten a refund since before I got married!

Let's see... complete Form 8839, and make sure to add the adoption credit carryover from 2005. Can't take Child Tax Credit because you filed Form 8839, so see Publication 972 to complete the Child Tax Credit Worksheet to see if you might still be able to take the Child Tax Credit. You cannot take the Child Tax Credit, but you may be able to claim the Additional Child Tax Credit, so complete Form 8812... blah blah blah. Don't even get me started on Schedule A and Form 2106...

Anybody take even longer than that?

Oh yeah. Two businesses, six employees, two jobs, three rental properties, seven lords a leaping, depreciation schedules, vehicle expense tracking, W-2, W-3, 1099, HSA, IRA, ROTH, SEP, WTF, OMFG.... blah blah blah.

Yeah, it's been worse in the past when I had ISOs to cash or did some independent consulting. Those forms all suck. This year I had to run through the damn AMT calculation again only to find I didn't have to pay AMT. That was a 2 hour sidetrack. :anger: