Christian Climbers.

gforceclimber

Recently while reading the forum, I came across a section about Christian Climbers and their organizations. I was blown away by the rage and anger spewed by many climbers toward these people. These organizations do not have agendas, they have a passion. The main thing that flipped my lid was the fact that climbing is to be a community of people, brothers if you will, enjoying a climb on something we did not create. To bash anothers belief proves how shallow and unfulfilled that person who demeans them really feels inside. I also find it funny that only when topics of Christianity arise, do people become vehemently outraged and try to shut the whole thing down...as if they could. Remember, I guarantee that at one time or another, you were conversing or climbing with someone on the Crag or in the gym, and they were a christian and you did not know it. And, you probably enjoyed there company. As for the Christian man who bolted Denali and was not supposed to be there...remember, "we have all sinned and fallen short of God's glory." When climbing His Glory, don't judge His servants who enjoy HIS rock with you.

Oh, by the way, Christ is the rock that shall not be moved!

Yes, I am a climber and a minister, and I would love to climb with any of you and enjoy the terrain my God created. "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof"...we just play in it!

If you reply, breathe and write intelligently...not in anger.

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was blown away by the rage and anger spewed by many climbers toward these people. To bash anothers belief proves how shallow and unfulfilled that person who demeans them really feels inside.

I know all about bashing!

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Board=21&Number=644277&Searchpage=1&Main=48580&Words=&topic=1&Search=true#Post644277

Edited by kevbone

"When climbing His Glory, don't judge His servants who enjoy HIS rock with you"

Deep breath, exhale. Jesus H. Christ - not again! This is exactly the sort of bullshit that elicits said rage. Personally, I consider your god a genocidal warmonger and his acolytes folks with a poor grip on human history - please take him elsewhere, he's already done enough damage here.

I don't recall reading that thread, but recently the tone doesn't seem to be a bashing tone. There will be a few troublemakers no matter what the subject but I don't feel ostracized or hated and most of the regulars know I am a Christian. Most here are mature enough to separate whatever bad experiences they've had with "Christians" or religious people in general from an individual, and interact with them like adults. I have been very happy with how people treat me and hopefully others feel the same way about how I treat them.

"When climbing His Glory, don't judge His servants who enjoy HIS rock with you"

Deep breath, exhale. Jesus H. Christ - not again! This is exactly the sort of bullshit that elicits said rage. Personally, I consider your god a genocidal warmonger and his acolytes folks with a poor grip on human history - please take him elsewhere, he's already done enough damage here.

one's button pushed

I guarantee that at one time or another, you were conversing or climbing with someone on the Crag or in the gym, and they were a christian and you did not know it. And, you probably enjoyed there company.

Ah clahmb'd on toppa wunna dem Chrisht'n bitches wunce, n Ah shoz Hail enjoyed her comp'ny. Da guiltier she got, da honiah she got, you know? Praize Jebus, she freaky AN crazy awl at da same damn tahm!

I guarantee that at one time or another, you were conversing or climbing with someone on the Crag or in the gym, and they were a christian and you did not know it. And, you probably enjoyed there company.

Notice the correlation there? No Bible-thumping => I'm happy

Most people realize religion is a private matter and keep it to themselves. Likewise, I'm perfectly happy to keep my atheism/agnosticism to myself. You start proselytizing my ass, though, or telling me I'm going to burn in Hell for giving you a bad belay, I'm pulling out my Simon Yates edition pocket knife.