Gustav's -Leavenworth

Jens

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gustavs is alright, but it used to be so much more back before they remodled it.

I remember one fine night when a bunch of us were all sitting around a big table when one of our fine posters insisted that I share some pills that were in my first aid kit. His one question was, "how many of these should I take?" I told him if you take 2 and drink a bunch of beer you're going to be fucked up. He went with that plan. At the bar he started trying to talk, but I was the only person who could understand what he was saying. I became his translater. At some point he told me, "I'm going to go bivi." As he tried to walk out I could see he was going to get run down crossing hwy 2. I said goodnight and grabbed him by his jacket and led him out of the bar with a whole croud watching.

Eventually we got to our camp site and I got out of the pickup and started getting stuff together at the back of the truck. Eventually I heard his door open and then a thump. He was passed out face down in the grass. I talked him into getting into his sleeping bag then he passed out. At about 3AM he woke up and yelled, "hey Feck, I don't remember anything from last night. I told him, "That's a good thing."

Crazy times

One point I've been ask to bring up by the guilty party.

I gave him 2 pills, but at the bar he said, "I'm not fucked up enough. I need more" So right there in the bar he took #3. I did ask him at the time if he'd ever heard of Karen Ann Quinlen(?) He didn't care.

Classic closure, Kurt. Just classic!

I loved the smaller, original Gustav's. We knew all the staff and never had anything less than a great time there...sometimes too great a time. That was before Leavanworth had the Fall Leaf Fest, Honda Gold Wing Fest, Land Speculation Fest, Bad Local Art Fest, Let's Clog Hwy 2 With Blue Hairs in 'bagos Fest, etc. I still like the new one, partly out of fielty to a wonderful period in life.

Not sure about old vs new. I usually only eat there after a backcountry climb. Purisk/Dragontail or something like that. Being that I just got back from an overnighter, we are famished and tired of eating freeze dried or cold food, so off to Gustav’s for beer and burgers. Always thought it hit the spot. Was there a time in time I have missed where it was way cooler?

When you're talking "new" vs. "old" Gustav's, are you referring to "before" the fire vs. "after" the fire?

Or was Gustav's located somewhere else prior to it's current location? Forgive me, I only arrived on your planet about 18 yarnegs ago. :crazy:

Yes, before and after fire. Before Gustav's was smaller and a bit more intimate. Roughly the same location as I recall.

Gustavs sucks bad. Shitty service with not enough waitrons when busy. Nothing notable about the food except it reminded me of what they used to serve in my highschool cafeteria back in the 70's. Over priced for crappy food and service.

That Mexican place gave me explosive diarrhea for like 4 days after having dined there. Lovely..

I try to leave the town way behind now before dining.