Weight Loss Contest

Peter_Puget

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay... still at 142 and it's TUESDAY!!!

i am good with chopsticks but they do slow me down a little. the other thing that helps and this is wierd, is eating with my hands. i think because i am such a hands on type of person i feel like i have acutaly eaten if i touch my food.

yes i know i am a nut...

almonds are a great snakc

if you eat 12 that is about 100 calories and more satisfying than you would think. the trick is to eat them slowly.

tell me about the "almonds theory" sherri-doll. Arn't nuts merely high energy/calorie?

A small handful of almonds(you can substitute any nut, I imagine) will stave off the hunger pangs, providing a nice little pick-me-up without the big let down afterward that you might get from a simple-carb snack.

Think "sustainable energy." Nuts are powerhouses in that respect.

Edited to add: Yeah, what Muffy just said! :tup: I like the nice and slow part. ;)

Edited by Sherri

tell me about the "almonds theory" sherri-doll. Arn't nuts merely high energy/calorie?

A small handful of almonds(you can substitute any nut, I imagine) will stave off the hunger pangs, providing a nice little pick-me-up without the big let down afterward that you might get from a simple-carb snack.

Think "sustainable energy." Nuts are powerhouses in that respect.

Edited to add: Yeah, what Muffy just said! :tup: I like the nice and slow part. ;)

almonds and walmuts... other nuts are not as good for you.

With my growing man-breasts I should eat a few dozen a day then. So the theory either requires willpower to eat only a few, or buying a couple nuts at at time eh. Nuts seem to turn into a popcorn type snack for me, probably better avoid.

i have this problem too. so i buy a big bulk amount and then put 12 in a seperate little baggies. problem solved. :cool: i love almonds. they are my favorite snack besides fruit

With my growing man-breasts I should eat a few dozen a day then. So the theory either requires willpower to eat only a few, or buying a couple nuts at at time eh. Nuts seem to turn into a popcorn type snack for me, probably better avoid.

Portion control, baby!

NEVER eat out of the container or package. That's a slippery slope.

Put a small number of nuts into a baggie or cup, walk away from the package, THEN eat them. Slowly. If you want to really test your mettle, try to leave a few uneaten. Then you will know you have attained true willpower(and you'll also realize that you can be satisfied with less.)

i have this problem too. so i buy a big bulk amount and then put 12 in a seperate little baggies. problem solved. :cool: i love almonds. they are my favorite snack besides fruit

Yeah, what Muffy said, again. (You're freaking me out a little with the mind-reading, Muffy. :o)

New theory: almonds give you ESP powers. :eveeel:

I'll have to remember this! What about pine nuts? I love them, but instead bought some bulk walnuts the other day to add to my salads.

i dont know about pine nuts. maybe shrri does??? i just know my trainer always says almonds are walnuts... when i try to sneak cashews in she scowls at me ;)

i am at 1610 calories for the day. i walked a mile, did 5 minutes as fast as i could on the rowiing machine and 5 minutes as fast as i could on the eliptical all on my lunch hour. after work i walked with my 11 year old. more of a stroll than anything, but at least it was something. i am not sure how far we went. but it was fun :tup:

I'll have to remember this! What about pine nuts? I love them, but instead bought some bulk walnuts the other day to add to my salads.

i dont know about pine nuts. maybe shrri does??? i just know my trainer always says almonds are walnuts... when i try to sneak cashews in she scowls at me ;)

i am at 1610 calories for the day. i walked a mile, did 5 minutes as fast as i could on the rowiing machine and 5 minutes as fast as i could on the eliptical all on my lunch hour. after work i walked with my 11 year old. more of a stroll than anything, but at least it was something. i am not sure how far we went. but it was fun :tup:

I don't know anything specific about pine nuts off the top of my head. I'm sure they have their pros and cons, like anything. Maybe a good way to make the most of your choices is to stick to things considered "superfoods." That way you get more bang for your calorie buck(in terms of nutrients and health benefits). Almonds, avocados, macadamia nuts, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, black beans, and walnuts are examples.

I can not believe this claim. Upper Klamath Lake gets cow shit runoff every day. Thats what makes the algae grow.

The unique ecosystem and crystalline, pure waters of Upper Klamath Lake in Oregon provide an abundance of the synergistic elements necessary to grow a concentrated, deeply nourishing superfood — Klamath Lake algae (Aphanizomenon flos-aquae). This rare superfood is a protein powerhouse. It provides a highly bioavailable protein that is 80% assimilated in our bodies (compared to meat protein, which is 20% assimilated), and its amino acid profile is optimal for humans. Klamath Lake algae is also the world's most concentrated source of chlorophyll, a valuable phytonutrient considered by many to be one of nature's most cleansing and regenerating substances.
:o:o:ass::ass: baa

I don't know anything specific about pine nuts off the top of my head. I'm sure they have their pros and cons, like anything. Maybe a good way to make the most of your choices is to stick to things considered "superfoods." That way you get more bang for your calorie buck(in terms of nutrients and health benefits). Almonds, avocados, macadamia nuts, blueberries, pumpkin seeds, black beans, and walnuts are examples.

Thanks Sherri. I'll stick to the superfoods for now.

Thanks Sherri. I'll stick to the superfoods for now.

Super! :tup: