Coolest Cascades Enchainments?

scottgg

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not that I think I could ever do these, but...

I think an enchainment of the early winter spires east faces would be a very cool and impressive feat. Too bad E Face NEWS supposedly sucks (maybe substitute for w face).

Another cool one would be something like NE Buttress Colchuck, Backbone, W. Face CBR.

Maybe the wine spires would be a bit more reasonable.

Hard to think of a lot of neighboring classics that are distinct

Enchainments or traverses?

All you need for enchainments is an imagination... traverses have to be on the same ridge or something... wayne1112 would be the guy to ask.

Some fun enchainments:

- # 5 camalot day: east face of lexington + SEWS SW rib (or butt or whatever that thing is called... though you don't need the #5 for SEWS it is fun to have)

- NEWS day: west face + nw corner

- lib bell lib crack + DEB SEWS saw a cool TR for this last summer

- lib bell day: lib bell nw face + barber pole

- east side day: Minuteman + east face of Lex or lib bell lib crack or DEB or tooth and claw (basically something on the east side)

- all wine spires in a day (bonus points if you get silver star or Paisano)

Basically have fun combining routes at wa pass...

Other stuff:

- stuie spring day: SGC descend sherpa then ICG

- stuie early summer: lower Stuie north ridge to notch downclimb east slabs to ICG and then climb girth... don't know of anyone doing this yet

- stuie long weekend: do all the ridges (west, razorback, north) or hell as many routes as you can. More peeps should climb razorback :wazup:

- prusik south face and west ridge

- dtail: serpentine + backbone

- rainier long weekend: nisqually link up (ice fall, cliff, cleaver)

- forbidden: at least west and east ridge in a day. all 3 ridges or east and west and south face in a weekend. if you were on it you could do all 4 of the nelson selected in a weekend (hint hint)

- SCW: outer space to orbit (earn your forearm endurance merit badge if you do hyperspace + those 2)

- beacon rock: Dod's -> Blowout -> SE corner -> YW. Ask the regulars on other ones...

- 3FJ + Washington (in OR... slog madness)

- 3 sisters marathon

- Elephant's Perch: pick 2 or 3 if you are fast: mtneers route, sunshine, astro elephant, Beckey Direct, Myopia, Sideline, Splitgerber-March, trunkline, the wendy

- ReDoubt to Bear: I was looking at this last summer and I think you could do it in a weekend... if you were fast you could do a different route (flying :pagetop:) on redoubt going back over... I'd be stoked to try it with someone :wave:

- Speaking of Bear I thought linking Ursa Major and Ursa Minor on Bear could be a possibility till I got on Ursa Major. :mistat:

- Pickets: use your imagination. just don't tell Wayne ;)

- ptarmigan traverse is an enchainment i guess... whatever you want to call it you should do it... beautiful :)

that should keep you busy for awhile ;):tup:

I know I shouldnt post while drunk(pwd).

Would everyone please unstick their lips from Crofts zipper!, The only thing that impresses me about his jaunt is he did it in a day. I am going to do that traverse just to show it is doable w/o being god-like and shit. Lets see anyone repeat any of the big recent shit! Boaaah!

That will be awesome when you crush that traverse in under 24 hours Wayne. Croft is/was sooo light duty...personally, I hold his link up in high regard (as I do yours Wayne). I think it is a great goal to repeat his feat, especially if someone can throw a few more technical routes in the mix.

I know I shouldnt post while drunk(pwd).

Would everyone please unstick their lips from Crofts zipper!, The only thing that impresses me about his jaunt is he did it in a day. I am going to do that traverse just to show it is doable w/o being god-like and shit. Lets see anyone repeat any of the big recent shit! Boaaah!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Actually I think you should post more when you are drunk.