laptop advice

minx

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FWIW, I've owned 5 Dell laptops and 1 tower. And though in my former life I swore by Macs, when I had to switch to a PC, Dell has never let me down. The few times I ever had an issue, it was resolved fast.

Having said that, there are a lot of small computer shops that have geeks running them that will sell you/build you whatever you like for cheap. You usually have to be a little bit computer savy, but if you are, go for it. I bet you could get a nice LT for <$200. thumbs_up.gif

I own a Dell desktop computer and have to admit that, being far from computer savvy... I had a hell of a time trying to decipher their website and ordering procedures. I really had no idea what I was buying. I looked into a Dell laptop when my old Toshiba went kaput, but again, I couldn't decipher it.

I bought an HP laptop, and I am absolutely in love with it. It's the perfect size, quick to start up, and I like the configuration. Sometimes I like to just admire the thing from across the room, that's how much I like it. I will never buy a Toshiba (or Dell) again.

I bought it from Best Buy. What a mistake. Avoid Best Buy like the plague, if you don't already. hellno3d.gif