Most redneck town in King or Pierce county?

Jens

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think I'm normally a huge snob about these things, but WTF is the deal with Spanaway? It reminds me of what happens when domesticated animals go feral and form colonies.

you answered your own question. uggh! spanaway...home of bowling alleys and chevy novas with plenty of bondo.

I don't think I'm normally a huge snob about these things, but WTF is the deal with Spanaway? It reminds me of what happens when domesticated animals go feral and form colonies.

you answered your own question. uggh! spanaway...home of bowling alleys and chevy novas with plenty of bondo.

Seems like a lot of high speed car chases start out of Spanaway snugtop.gif

If you want pure redneck look no further (actually, you couldn't) than the little burg of Selleck that is east of Ravensdale. I looked at buying a house out there about 15 years ago and someone who knew the area asked if I had approached any of the locals and asked if it's be o.k. if I moved there.

It did look rather "Deliverenceish"

603405-Warshington.JPG

As you can see in this map I drew, many subtle boundarys exist:

*The Suan Juans are really part of Canada

*Port Townsend is part of Seattle

*Kelso is much bigger than first thought

* Idaho extends west to hwy 97 at Ellensberg

* North Central Washington is a scary,dangerous place

* Winthrop, Spokane and The Enchantments are a suburbs of Seattle

603405-Warshington.JPG.b82815064270ac95954fb596207cbe62.JPG

That sounds like a Potemkin Spanaway to me.

I'm thinking of cranked/coked out mullets, semi-rural g-funk gangbangers, trailers, strip-malls, vacant lots and pull-outs festooned with the kind of bizzare, totemic trash-heaps composed of shell casings, pampers, couches, and beer cans. Some day these trash-heaps will be like shell-middens for the archaeologists of the future, and I can only imagine the visions that they'll conjure up when picking through pile after pile of Huggies, empty 12-gauge casing's, and Stroh's Ice.

And why is Port Angeles in new Seattle--

last year I'm driving through the center of town...this 1970's era station wagon with fake wood paneled doors and filled with about 8 members of the most fucked up looking hillybilly family piled inside, tailgates me through town. Despite a free, second, lane they had to pass me anytime they liked, they rode my bumper and repeatedly leaned on the horn at me- and I was even speeding. They finally passed and took a left turn, at which point the 75 year old woman in the front passenger seat, with her weatherbeaten face, and hair pulled into an attractive, greasy bun/ponytail, flipped me the bird. I didn't have time to view the others, but I could see that numerous hand gestures came from the inner depths of this smelly old car. Fucking inbreds.

last year I'm driving through the center of town...this 1970's era station wagon with fake wood paneled doors and filled with about 8 members of the most fucked up looking hillybilly family piled inside, tailgates me through town. Despite a free, second, lane they had to pass me anytime they liked, they rode my bumper and repeatedly leaned on the horn at me- and I was even speeding. They finally passed and took a left turn, at which point the 75 year old woman in the front passenger seat, with her weatherbeaten face, and hair pulled into an attractive, greasy bun/ponytail, flipped me the bird. I didn't have time to view the others, but I could see that numerous hand gestures came from the inner depths of this smelly old car. Fucking inbreds.

that was my family in their family truckster.

I'm thinking of cranked/coked out mullets, semi-rural g-funk gangbangers, trailers, strip-malls, vacant lots and pull-outs festooned with the kind of bizzare, totemic trash-heaps composed of shell casings, pampers, couches, and beer cans. Some day these trash-heaps will be like shell-middens for the archaeologists of the future, and I can only imagine the visions that they'll conjure up when picking through pile after pile of Huggies and Stroh's Ice.

Let's not forget discarded needles and used rubbers. wazzup.giftongue.gif

As you can see in this map I drew, many subtle boundarys exist:

*The Suan Juans are really part of Canada

*Port Townsend is part of Seattle

*Kelso is much bigger than first thought

* Idaho extends west to hwy 97 at Ellensberg

* North Central Washington is a scary,dangerous place

* Winthrop, Spokane and The Enchantments are a suburbs of Seattle

I'm going to have to dissagree with the last statement - I don't think Spokane is in the same category as the enchantments. I grew up there, and let me just say that one weekend of being chased around by goats for my urine was more entertainment than I found in my 15 years in Spokane.

Edited by ericb

Why didnt you get out and give them the Jujitso chop or something. You know, you hard to kill. And you are above the law. smile.gif

If that "second lane" was the right lane, you deserved it. boxing_smiley.gif

Why didnt you get out and give them the Jujitso chop or something. You know, you hard to kill. And you are above the law. smile.gif

Sometimes the most Zen thing to do is to keep on walking. They weren't worth my time. Although they definitely were On Deadly Ground.

As for your presumptuous drivel, Slothrop- I was in the right fucking lane. How wrong of you to side with the bad guys. Now bow to Sensei!!

Sometimes the most Zen thing to do is to keep on walking. They weren't worth my time. Although they definitely were On Deadly Ground.

As for your presumptuous drivel, Slothrop- I was in the right fucking lane. How wrong of you to side with the bad guys. Now bow to Sensei!!

yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif