Yellow Jacket Tower Squabble

robotslave

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John, I'm being serious here. If you ever catch a Mounties party larger than 6 in NCNP (or two Mounties parties camped together), please report it to the Mounties at once.

could you please post the

1-800-mounties hotline to report violations?

John, I'm being serious here. If you ever catch a Mounties party larger than 6 in NCNP (or two Mounties parties camped together), please report it to the Mounties at once.

In the past there had been errors in the database (or no database) that allowed for situations for different branches to bump into each other on a climb, but I think those have been fixed.

If leaders are not checking the schedule for conflicts, then they will be censured.

By reporting any violations you see to the Mounties, you will help ensure that you will never see more than 6 Mounties at once in NCNP. The Mounties intend to follow the rules just like everyone else.

WA pass is a prime example.

S Arete SEWS

How many times have I heard people piss and whine and tell me I'm going to die because I am downclimbing the same route in tennie shoes that they are taped up with a double set of cams about to lead?

And then I get the the 3rd degree at the base for only having a first aid kit and water with me.

HOLY SHIT man I took my dad up that route for his first-ever climb in the mountains last summer. We got stuck right behind this mounties party. Seriously, I'm no footwork expert, but those guys really could have used some slab technique pointers.

Best wishes to the guy recovering from Yellowjacket Tower though!

S Arete SEWS

How many times have I heard people piss and whine and tell me I'm going to die because I am downclimbing the same route in tennie shoes that they are taped up with a double set of cams about to lead?

And then I get the the 3rd degree at the base for only having a first aid kit and water with me.

that number is directly proportional to the number of neutrinos a person has left on girth pillar divided by the number of windshirts they own multiplied by the number of posts in spray. Gary will do the calculation for you if you need him to.

S Arete SEWS

that number is directly proportional to the number of neutrinos a person has left on girth pillar divided by the number of windshirts they own multiplied by the number of posts in spray. Gary will do the calculation for you if you need him to.

That's another one! Hiking into GP two summer's ago we passed a group that had done the west ridge over 3 days... we talked conditions and they asked what we planned to climb... we said GP and the dudes looked me right in the eye and said "that's a death route!" and walked off with another word yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

WA pass is a prime example.

WA Pass isn't in the NCNP. rolleyes.gif

HOLY SHIT man I took my dad up that route for his first-ever climb in the mountains last summer. We got stuck right behind this mounties party. Seriously, I'm no footwork expert, but those guys really could have used some slab technique pointers.

Were they wearing rockshoes or boots?