Yellow Jacket Tower Squabble

robotslave

• Replies 266
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great matt, just copulating great....

now after reading this thread do i never want to climb yjt, now i feel old.

*stupid interest in climbing is dating me*

no wonder the youngsters don't want to do it. it makes you old!

Maybe the Mounties should revise FOTH to include a chapter on how to jib, promote wearing baggy pants, and put out a rap album that talks about proper belay technique (taking your brake hand off the rope is whack, yo!) in order to become hip with the kids today.

that would be so wack! they could reach out to ethnic groups too! for instance, publishing FOTH in ebonics.

I n rock climbing, whether ya use da SRENE/ERNEST system, or another method ya may gots learned, da fact iz ya should always use multiple anchors. It do not matter if ya iz trad climbing, top roping or sports climbing. Two anchors iz da minimum fo' rock climbing. Three anchors won't hurt ya either.

Creating rock climbing anchors iz, in fact, creating uh dynamic engineering systems ta handle uh suspected or expected maximum impact force. As wiff all dynamic systems, da need ta build uh system dat multiplies da load handling capability iz required. You would not build uh step ladder dat would only hold yo' weight, ya would build one dat can hold uh great deal mo' than yo' weight. The same iz true o' climbing anchors. Given uh choice ya should build yours wiff uh 2:1 or bettah safety factor. If ya can generate almost 3,000 pounds o' energy ya bettah gots uh system designed ta take uh least 6,000 pounds. in the hood

that would be so wack! they could reach out to ethnic groups too! for instance, publishing FOTH in ebonics.

I n rock climbing, whether ya use da SRENE/ERNEST system, or another method ya may gots learned, da fact iz ya should always use multiple anchors. It do not matter if ya iz trad climbing, top roping or sports climbing. Two anchors iz da minimum fo' rock climbing. Three anchors won't hurt ya either.

Creating rock climbing anchors iz, in fact, creating uh dynamic engineering systems ta handle uh suspected or expected maximum impact force. As wiff all dynamic systems, da need ta build uh system dat multiplies da load handling capability iz required. You would not build uh step ladder dat would only hold yo' weight, ya would build one dat can hold uh great deal mo' than yo' weight. The same iz true o' climbing anchors. Given uh choice ya should build yours wiff uh 2:1 or bettah safety factor. If ya can generate almost 3,000 pounds o' energy ya bettah gots uh system designed ta take uh least 6,000 pounds. in the hood

Ebonics? You sound like Jar-Jar Binks boxing_smiley.gif

Cruisin' to the crags in my Subaru

Jackin' the gapers, slappin' the fo's

Went to a pitch to show my moves

Knuckle-heads out there cold zip'n the routes

A car pulls up, who can it be?

A fresh climbin' party, sportin' killer gear

They rolls down a window and started to say

It's all about red-pointin' that 5.11a

Cuz the boyz in de crag are alwayz hard

You come talkin' that trash we'll bull your car

Knowin' nothin' in life but to be legit'

Don't quote me boy, cuz I ain't sayin' shit ...

Shit man, I spent 10 hours wacking on a monster hedge and look what you office bitches have been doing. smirk.gif

Gary, listen up schoolboy

Attending a lecture doesn't mean you actually know jack shit. You could attend a lecture and pass a quiz and still not be able to know what the fuck you're up to in the real world. The only way to really learn is to do. (that's why all those miners who speak shitty english are way smarter than you)

Anyway that's all I've got for now.

Alot of the new and young climbers are joining "climbing teams" at their local gym. They can get the MTV fix they need from a gym and where that leads them who can say. But those that wish to move on will at least have their pebble wrestling skills down pat. Hopefully they can get inspired by another aspect of the sport...or mebbe not.

no, cuz that would involve LEARNING HOW TO CLIMB and not doing your catechisms! Silly boy...

Actually there is a part of the Climbing Course called the Mentor Program,

"Can anyone help me, I'm looking for a Mentor!!" shocked.gif

Here you go, there is 3 of them in the band, I am sure any of them will do just fine for you.

f08912m2htv.jpg

Shit man, I spent 10 hours wacking on a monster hedge and look what you office bitches have been doing. smirk.gif

Gary, listen up schoolboy

Attending a lecture doesn't mean you actually know jack shit. You could attend a lecture and pass a quiz and still not be able to know what the fuck you're up to in the real world. The only way to really learn is to do. (that's why all those miners who speak shitty english are way smarter than you)

Anyway that's all I've got for now.

OMFG!! JUST SPRAYED COFFEE THROUGH MY NASAL PASSAGES! yelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gifyelrotflmao.gif

Gary, I don't know for sure if this is true or not but it strikes me that there is increasingly less interest in mountain climbing among younger folks these days, even more than the reduced climber numbers we are seeing at Mount Rainier or the North Cascades. I also think that younger folks are less and less inclined to join an organization.

Is it any wonder, when the old folks in the organizations do everything possible to make the organizations boring and irrelevant? rolleyes.gif

Gary, I don't know for sure if this is true or not but it strikes me that there is increasingly less interest in mountain climbing among younger folks these days, even more than the reduced climber numbers we are seeing at Mount Rainier or the North Cascades. I also think that younger folks are less and less inclined to join an organization.

Is it any wonder, when the old folks in the organizations do everything possible to make the organizations boring and irrelevant? rolleyes.gif

Damn straight - you can get boring, irrelevant with a smattering of climbing here for free! blush.gif

You could always take the American Alpine Club approach - buy an AAJ and ANAM and get a club membership tongue.gif

You can also just write something for the AAJ and get a free AAJ, ANAM, club membership, and all sorts of junk mail in your mailbox!

LATEST NEWS FROM MINNESOTA SECTION!

Our intrepid Midwest section climbed in the gym with oxygen masks on as part of their training for Rainier, America's most difficult mountain!

You can also just write something for the AAJ and get a free AAJ, ANAM, club membership, and all sorts of junk mail in your mailbox!

LATEST NEWS FROM MINNESOTA SECTION!

Our intrepid Midwest section climbed in the gym with oxygen masks on as part of their training for Rainier, America's most difficult mountain!

Alright, sneaking this MN shit-talk into the picture is TOTALLY uncalled for and innappropriate. And dont think this is the only time I have seen it happen recently!

shocked.gif

Shame on all of you...you....you pompous creeps! cry.gif