worst spring break ever mega bitch fest.

layton

So I get two weeks off for spring break, but I don't have enough money to go anywhere but around here.

Anyway, somehow i wind up putting in around over 30 hours of driving in, ascending over 10,000' of mountain slogging, and getting under 30 goddamn meters of climbing in at a local portland crag. I got snowed out, rained out, and on my last fucking day when I have a chance to at least climb something at smith, I get a really bad cold.

After 11 trying weeks of intense school, i get nothing, and now i get 11 more fucking BITTERLY SPENT weeks back in jail...er school, and now it looks like i can't even affort to take the summer off unless someone knows how I can earn $7,000 to cover all of my bills.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck you climbing god! thumbs_down.gif

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looking at the bright side, I did get to hang out with my girlfriend a lot. that was very nice.

$7K is about how much i get for living expenses with my student loans plus a little credit card padding during a normal quarter. so if i take the summer off to climb again, i need that so i don't go bankrupt, which i live on the verge of doing every month.

Unless anyone has a really great idea (that doesn't involve a full time job) I'm gonna apply for another credit card and get a part time job with a chiro, ortho, or physical therapist in portland or bellingham.

So I get two weeks off for spring break, but I don't have enough money to go anywhere but around here.

Anyway, somehow i wind up putting in around over 30 hours of driving in, ascending over 10,000' of mountain slogging, and getting under 30 goddamn meters of climbing in at a local portland crag. I got snowed out, rained out, and on my last fucking day when I have a chance to at least climb something at smith, I get a really bad cold.

After 11 trying weeks of intense school, i get nothing, and now i get 11 more fucking BITTERLY SPENT weeks back in jail...er school, and now it looks like i can't even affort to take the summer off unless someone knows how I can earn $7,000 to cover all of my bills.

Impressive power-wah! thumbs_up.gif

about the worst for me as well - while crying kids'n'wives i've dealt w/ before, the most annoying part was ending up in the e.r. after an accident at the goddam climbing gym of all places (for the man who's survived countless stupid alpine incidents w/o a scratch!)

the summer must rock though mikhail!

about the worst for me as well - while crying kids'n'wives i've dealt w/ before, the most annoying part was ending up in the e.r. after an accident at the goddam climbing gym of all places (for the man who's survived countless stupid alpine incidents w/o a scratch!)

Do tell, Ivan!

karma is a muthafuka the_finger.gif

The worst thing about Karma is that the transgressed upon never get witness the bastards get what they have coming. For instance, I can count on the thumbs of one hand the number of times I've seen some road-raged reckless asswipe pulled over after their blatant life-threatening malfeasance. NOTE: I'm not making a bid for witnessing any Mtn God's revenge on Mike's poor carcass, just remarking on the general deficiences in the concept of karma.

Do tell, Ivan!

arm in arm bar jam + fall on jam = intense shrieking pain + shoulder dislocation + morphine in the ER = an amusing afternoon