Pub Club 1-31

Peter_Puget

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't care much. I will be making one of my rare appearences but again need to leave pretty early on tues morning to get there. Just make up the collective mind before tommorow or somebody PM me a phone # I can hook up with in the afternoon to find out where.

Allright then, we'll convene a little later (after the State of The Union speech).

Wedgewood Alehouse

8515 35TH Ave NE Ste A

Seattle, WA 98115-3675

Probably the easiest way to get there is to take Lake City Way to 95th, about one mile from the highway. Take NE 95th St. east to 35th Ave NE, then turn south on 35th Avenue NE. The WEdgewood Ale House will be on the right, just before the corner where QFC is on the left.

This is a neighborhood tavern, with pretty decent burgers/sandwiches (not the old timer's place call the Wedgewood Broiler, nearby). From a Seattle Citysearch website revew:

The staff here has always been friendly and very knowedgable, which is pretty impressive considering the 20 or so beers on tap. has a very casual, 'neighborhood bar' kind of feel. the food is quite good too - a big step above typical bar food. be sure to try the turkey sandwich...they roast the turkey right there so it is wonderfully fresh.

Pros: good beer, good food, nice people

Cons: smoky (smoke is no longer a problem)

I'll bring along the new Whitelaw guidebook and maybe a ski guide you might find interesting, EE.

What is the Wedgwood Ale House like? Imagine that you and your 20-, 30-, 40-something friends are tired of listening to ear-shattering music, ignoring fall-down drunks, or having to fight your way through throngs of undergrads to get a pint. You just want a nice friendly place that feels like your uncle's den. So you decide to clear out your basement and make a hangout you and your friends can escape to. You leave the alternating light green/dark green linoleum tiles down, because, hey, you're not made of money. You build yourself a horseshoe shaped bar and plop a dozen barstools around it. You mount the TV at the opening of the horseshoe, right above the 18 taps. You get the best local microbrews and include a few imports for variety. Why not throw in a hard cider? You don't bother with bottles, because you like your beer fresh. You only keep a little "grape juice" around to be polite. You put in a bunch of booths around the walls and a few tables to fill out the floor. And you put in a cool dart board.