Look Out, Annabelle

Dru

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"Not only is Danielle a bit smaller than the traditional mountain climber, she has also spent her life struggling with the challenges of Attention Deficit Disorder. "

ADD is the biggest load of over-diagnosed crap IMHO. Pretty much everybody I know, including myself, has been diagnosed with it. I know a ton of people at school that pop one drug or another because their "ADD" prevents them from being able to study or write a paper or whatever.

anybody else find it a bit sketchy that she doesn't have one climbing sponsor.....????

for such an "accomplished" mountaineer you would expect at least one climbing sponsor...no?

hey, I think I have ADD, I better call on those banks and accountants and get them to sponsor the youngest climber to climb "Ulaanbaatar Shuffle" v5 at my new top secret area

sounds like solid fuckin' gold to me!

kids these days....

"Not only is Danielle a bit smaller than the traditional mountain climber, she has also spent her life struggling with the challenges of Attention Deficit Disorder. "

ADD is the biggest load of over-diagnosed crap IMHO. Pretty much everybody I know, including myself, has been diagnosed with it. I know a ton of people at school that pop one drug or another because their "ADD" prevents them from being able to study or write a paper or whatever.

My attention span is a whole 15 minutes, after that I get twitch or fall asleep.

I wonder what the record for most college courses that have been slept through by a single individual, it would take a certain balance of being a sufficiently capable student to succeed while sleeping through classes, with a high enough guilt complex to require going to all classes, coupled with a very long period of time spend taking classes.

This reminds me of this calc class I took at UW. Just about everyone would fall asleep during class, because it was early (for a college student) in the morning and his delivery of math concepts was rather dry. One day I was dozing (I usually was in a half-sleep state); he was lecturing and all of a sudden, he slams his hands on the table, breaking his pencil. He then throws the half of the pencil that he was still holding across the room and yells "WAKE UP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LISTEN I'M LEAVING!" and he storms out of the room. yelrotflmao.gif It was pretty damn funny.

(Sorry for the thread drift. As you were.)

No shit, soooo lame.

and what do they mean by "a bit smarter"? They should just stick with the "I can't stay focused on anything because my tits are in the way" tack.

This reminds me of this calc class I took at UW. Just about everyone would fall asleep during class, because it was early (for a college student) in the morning and his delivery of math concepts was rather dry. One day I was dozing (I usually was in a half-sleep state); he was lecturing and all of a sudden, he slams his hands on the table, breaking his pencil. He then throws the half of the pencil that he was still holding across the room and yells "WAKE UP! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE! IF YOU'RE NOT GOING TO LISTEN I'M LEAVING!" and he storms out of the room. yelrotflmao.gif It was pretty damn funny.

(Sorry for the thread drift. As you were.)

I think I honestly fell asleep almost every day, in almost every math class i've ever had (which may not be quite as many as Gary, but still quite a few)! It was very humbling the first day I had a student fall asleep on me though cantfocus.gif I started out a bit insulted, then I realized how ammusing it really was!

Best piece of advice i've heard is to remember that as the instructor, your more interested in the topic at hand than anyone else in the room! grin.gif