All day shoes

sketchfest

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just buy shit that fits comfortably -with climbing shoes that would be BIG. screw sizing them smaller than your street wear, or soaking them in water overnight, etc. if you're gonna hang in them all day climbing easy/moderates, size your shoes a half or whole size larger than what you normally wear. 5.8 for life!

Mad Rock Flash. Good all-around slipper that is the first pair of shoes that don't kill my feet (I have Morton's toe) since my first pair of Scarpas. Wouldn't do any serious jamming in them, but was surprised at how well they edged.

Plus they cost as much as two tanks of gas.

The Mythos cycle is fun. A new pair is great as a thin sporty climb shoe when agonizingly tight. They stretch out a bit and enter a sweet spot period for a few weeks where they are really comfortable and work well on anything. Then finally they become roomy, the wear-all-day shoe, but still perform great. I've no idea why they cost as much as LS' latest designs though. Seem a bit overpriced at retail for a shoe that has been around since the late 80's or so.

I would love to met the genius that sold the idea of wearing climbing shoes a size smaller than your street shoes to improve your rocks skills. Comfortable shoes equals comfortable climbing. I either have the skills and the stamina to accomplish a pitch or I dont. If I attach clothes pins to my testticles so they hurt will it make me a better lover? (I tried and it didin't)

If I attach clothes pins to my testticles so they hurt will it make me a better lover? (I tried and it didin't)
yelrotflmao.gif I wear a 45 regularly but my marathons are 43.5 and fit great, couldn't imagine going bigger. I have a pair of 5.10 slippers that are 45 and I can't wear them. Anyone want to buy a pair of V10s?

I bet those Diablos (all black) are great on hot sunny days on the slabs eh? hellno3d.gif

Whatever shoes fit you comfortably will be good all day shoes. I had high hopes for the scarpa marathons, but they don't fit me very well. I have a narrow foot.

My boreal aces (now rotten and retired) were probably the best all day shoe I've used.

If they still made the Huecos with the heel padding (like MisterE has), I think that would be a great shoe if they fit you.

Is that what your climbin in Rob? I saw some recently and thought they looked a little clunky....maybe that's just my huge flipper feet and not the shoe tongue.gif

Yeah--its what I climb in for most stuff, but I'm not a 5.13 climber like you.

cantfocus.gif

I've worn them all day and never whimpered--not something I could do with my other shoes.