Anyone know what this is?

TeleRoss

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Pine Martin was about the only thing that I could think of but I've never seen one before...that's kinda cool.

Really curious little guy/gal, came up pretty close before going around a little rib and out of sight. Saw him/her/gal up pretty high on Triumph, wonder what he/she was looking for up there?

Pine martens are like foxes that climb trees and eat squirrels. Brown on the back, red on the belly. Did you find a neutrino up there as well?

I got to get me one of those. Fuckin squirrels are eating all the bark on my japanes maple snaf.gif

hmmm. It didn't look like a weasel at all. Much more fox-like. It was up high on the NE Ridge. I had maybe done about 4 raps or so when I saw him. I think I was coming up to a flattish section below a rise. So maybe 2/3 of the way up the ridge. Weird.

yeah I am not sure. looking at the larger pic now, it does look like a marten, but if there is a marten on the ridge on Triumph (that will survive the week, anyway) I'd be pretty impressed - they are typically forest dwelling and eat (alot of) small rodents. The marten in your pic might be a juvinile or a female, which tend to be alot smaller (700g or less) than the males (which weigh about 1 kg adult).

when we were working with them, we would have to sedate them before we could handle them. A pissed off weasel is pure 110% viscous rage!