Pop my blister? You decide.

Camilo

Should I pop this nasty blister?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. Should I pop this nasty blister?

After a 'skateboard accident' last night, I ended up with a pretty disgusting but mostly inconvenient blister on my palm. I'll leave it up to you guys to decide if I should pop it or not, because I don't really care either way. If response is strong enough, I can even arrange to squirt somebody with the juice. Maybe the intern at work? Vote away.

5238P1010234.JPG

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I can't believe all of you voted for me to squirt the intern with it. You're all sick bastards. I'm trying to get the intern to have a productive, educational, and valuable experience, and you people want me to squirt him with my blister juice hellno3d.gif. And besides, I grew attached to my little blister overnight, so I think I'll keep it. So much for democracy, eh comrades?

it'll heal faster and be less painful if you DON'T pop it.

that's such crap. it'll be days before it reabsorbs the fluid and just be sore and annoying. one quick pinprick and it's over.

Agreed, I've waited up to a week for blisters to reabsorb in the past, they just don't go away. Pop, disinfect, suck it up.

What if the alternative is leaving it only to have it pop on it's own in a less controlled manner (i.e. messy, dirty and gaping?)

I know what you're saying Dru and I agree, but for something like a blister on the foot or somewhere other than a hairy palm tongue.gif it's apt to pop anyway. Why not bleed it out?

I don't know, Dru. The way I look at it, I only got a blister because I didn't fall hard enough for the skin to rip off and make a scab. Instead, the top layer just separated and filled with juice. I have three little ones on my other hand and it's the same deal. The skin on my arm actually came off and I have a scab, which is much more convenient than a stupid blister. I think I'll pop it.

it'll heal faster and be less painful if you DON'T pop it.

that's such crap. it'll be days before it reabsorbs the fluid and just be sore and annoying. one quick pinprick and it's over.

Agreed, I've waited up to a week for blisters to reabsorb in the past, they just don't go away. Pop, disinfect, suck it up.

Wrong order. Disinfect with peroxide or isopropanol and THEN pop with a flamed needle.

scab and blister are different things and heal different ways. scab will heal and leave scar. blister, if left unpopped, will form callus.

No way. Popped or unpopped, I never leave the skin there. Whenever I do that, it's forever itchy. . . and since it's calloused, I can't scratch my itch. So wheter I pop it or not, that skin will end up in my mouth eventually cheeburga_ron.gif

• 4 weeks later...