Bad First Dates

Kitergal

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've never had a "bad first date" (from MY perspective, anyway).

The closest to a bad first date I've had was when I and this knock-out owner of the local natural food store went to SLC from Wyoming to be Rolf'ed (no, though it sounds like it, it's not a puking "thing"); it wasn't my date's fault that it was such a painful date. We still date each other...

Haven't had another "first date" since the Carter Administration.

So I'm trying to avoid becoming one of these stories. Been hanging out a few times with 'the girl next door' I think maybe she might kinda sorta dig me fruit.gif

How do I know? When do I make 'the move'? And finally, do chicks really dig it when guys approach building relationships slowly or what?

Pretty broad questions hey? sorry but she stumps me.

bigdrink.gif

invite her over for a movie and cuddle up to her. If she is not into you, she will make it clear with her body language.

You may get lucky: I was too slow putting the moves on once, so this girl just up an' gets off the couch, steps in front of me, sits back down staddling me, and slams on the liplock grin.gif Pretty cool.

You may get lucky: I was too slow putting the moves on once, so this girl just up an' gets off the couch, steps in front of me, sits back down staddling me, and slams on the liplock grin.gif Pretty cool.

Dear Penthouse Forum.....

...doesn't offer to push my chair in...

to the women...do women expect guys to push their chair in? what about opening car door for them? why is this a "manner" issue and why is it important? it''s maybe sweet and nice to do it the first couple of times, but how long do you expect the guy you go out with to do this for you?

I find people that area serious about outdoor sport tend to be very self reliant...just not when they are in the city? confused.gif

Marie .... most (not all, but most) of the stuff that guy did & said was pretty weak. Still, tho....

I go use the restroom and give my girlfriend the out call...for you men who don't know what the out call is, its when you call a friend from the bathroom and ask them to call you back in 5 minutes with a crisis that I have to go save, car broke down, date ditched her, you know..something.

That's fuckin ridiculous. thumbs_down.gifrolleyes.gif If you don't like the way a date's going, just finish your dinner real quick (or whatever portion of it you want to eat), ask for the check, split it halfway, then get on your merry way out of there.

I mean, if something your date says really, REALLY pisses you off, to the point where you can't stand one more minute of him (or her), just walk out of the restaurant, whether or not you can do so secretively ...... and stiff the asshole (or bitch) with the bill. but why plot/contrive stupid lies like that? lame. hellno3d.gif

usually if they are that cute from the start then something else with go wrong, one testicle, mama's boy, extremely hairy back, it always goes down hill. sometimes i think an average looking guy ends up being so much hotter in the end...but then we wouldn't get to tell these stories, it's a toss up.

...doesn't offer to push my chair in...

to the women...do women expect guys to push their chair in? what about opening car door for them? why is this a "manner" issue and why is it important? it''s maybe sweet and nice to do it the first couple of times, but how long do you expect the guy you go out with to do this for you?

I find people that area serious about outdoor sport tend to be very self reliant...just not when they are in the city? confused.gif

I can't speak for ALL the gals, but I hope that chivelry isn't dead. I love it when a guy opens the door for me, pulls out my chair, etc. LOVE IT! In all my hobbies, activities, and even in my job...I'm always busy trying to keep up with the men. It's nice to be reminded that I still am a women, and that the guy recognizes that. To be treated like a lady...God..what women wouldn't LOVE that??

For how long...hmm...for-ever. I mean if we're going to the local pub for some burgers and beer, then no...I don't expect you to hold my chair out for me....but if we've been married for 25 years and we're going out to a nice dinner..then yes, I do still want the chair routine.

The door...any chance you get to open a door for a women, without it being a huge ordeal...then do it! We love it!! well I love it, as do most of my friends, I don't know about the rest of the gals on this site tho.

I'm with Marie on this. For years, I was a little too "self-reliant", but after a couple of good relationships with chivalrous and decent guys, I've changed my ways, and now I really like it.

In the woods, maybe not so much, but a little goes a long way out there. Hey, bringing a girl a truffle or some other nicety from home will win her over even if she's done a few things in the backcountry herself. thumbs_up.gif

[/thread drift]

After reading Marie's first post on the thread, I can't say I've ever really had a horrible first date. That was some awful date, sistah.

I've always found that the delivery of coffee in bed in the morning is a real winner.

<thread drift> Righto, O_W! There always seems to be some grumbling around our house when one of us finishes the pot of java in the morning, probably because it's kind of an "ordeal" to make. Ya know, grind the beans, boil the water, steep for five minutes, etc. When I get a wild hair, I'll make a Bodum, then bring my wife a cup while whe's just waking up. She loves it when I do that.

Regarding chivalrous behaviours, yeah, I still do some, although not always. When you've been around someone for a while, you just know when it's the thing to do and when it's not:

Dinner at a pub/fast food joint? She gets to pull her own chair.

Get dressed up all fancy for a night out of dinner and dancing? I pull out the chair.

I almost always get the door, occasion notwithstanding, but never make a big deal of getting there first to do it.

Never order dinner for a woman, unless it's a foreign-food restaurant, she's told you what she wants to eat after you've translated the menu (assuming that you know the language), and she explicitly doesn't want to butcher the language were she to order the dish herself. Only then is it OK to order for her.

Ordering dinner for a woman is an outdated notion these days. Order the wine instead, unless she knows more about it than you. Then let her choose. It's all really quite simple.

Ya'll can start calling me Dear Abby now... smirk.gifrolleyes.gif

Sorry to dis-agree about ordering, One just has to remember everything she tells you she wants, and you ask about dressing and such. I believe it is impressive when one can oder 4 meals with the details. Besides as the fellow is paying the bill, he should order it. wave.gif

oh come on....door opening as a sign of chivalry? aren't there better ways for your date to make you feel feminine? uggh! it's nice if he does but if he doesn't can't you find other things he does to be just as "polite".

chivalry is an art. the fine art of making you feel like the best person he's ever laid eyes upon. the specific act of opening a door or pulling out a chair doesn't mean the guy is chivalrous. it just means he was trained. it's one thing to expect to be treated well, it's another to judge that treatment by archaic, provincial old standards thumbs_down.gif good grief! i'd be afraid to go on a date w/you.

big-mac. sounds like marie's date didn't even bother to find out what she wanted for dinner before ordering. i don't care who orders the food but you better order what i want. rolleyes.gif