Bad First Dates

Kitergal

Whoa! This dating crap is way too complicated. I've been married for almost 20 years and thus qualify as an old fart probably unable to provide any constructive comment. I will note however, that if I had opened a car door for my (now) wife on our first date that would have been the end of that! Not her style at all. It's a matter of simple politeness for the first person to reach a door to open it and to listen and respect what the other person has to say. I believe that will get you further than any superficial rules. That last thing a woman (or man!) wants to hear on a date is a 1 hour monolog about their job, what a good school they went to, or how much money they have.

On to a "good" first date story: My wife and I knew eachother a few years before our first date. We actively disliked eachother, but I was friends with her roommate. When I came over, she would leave. Eventually, we happened to go out to pizza with our mutual friend and during that "non-date" I (and she) gradually "noticed" eachother. I invited her on a hike, she accepted, I cooked her a very good dinner following the hike and we moved pretty fast from there.

Goes to show... you never know who "it" will be and it's all a matter of timing. If we had not been on the same wavelenghth at the same time, we'd probably still dislike eachother. smirk.gif

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's cool. My parents can boast a similar story, but it involved a fishing boat my dad had in Juneau, where my mom was an RN. According to my mom, they bickered over small items of fact for the whole trip (they were with another couple: a co-worker of my dad's was dating my mom's roomie) and she vowed never to see him again after that.

My dad called her up for another date, (why) my mom accepted (she couldn't remember), they hit it off swimmingly, and were married a few months later. They celebrated 50 years together last October.

• 3 years later...