Bad First Dates

Kitergal

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

People don't look so hot after they treat you like crap.

no doubt. and people who perhaps didn't look so hot look much hotter when they treat you well. wave.gif

Clearly none of the women posting to this thread are under 30. That seems to be the age of getting a clue for most.

...But I figure whoever is first to the door opens it, right? I tend to not think of it as a guy/girl thing until I do get that weird look. confused.gif

Agreed! And I wouldn't give you any wierd looks for getting the door for me, either. I would give you a cheery, "Thank you!" though.

...But I figure whoever is first to the door opens it, right? I tend to not think of it as a guy/girl thing until I do get that weird look. confused.gif

Agreed! And I wouldn't give you any wierd looks for getting the door for me, either. I would give you a cheery, "Thank you!" though.

Awesome!! I'd open the door for you any day! wave.gif

While we’re on the subject (sort of), how do you even know when it’s a “date”? I think that maybe a first date could be considered “bad” if I don’t even realize I’m on one until afterward. Unless a guy says, “Let’s go out on a date,” or does something very bold, I figure it’s just hanging out. Like I ask guys to hang out, or climb, or whatever, all the time… do they think I’m picking them up? Because unless I know them well enough to actually like them, I don’t want to date them (yet). And even if I do like them, I won’t necessarily want to date them if that “je ne sais quoi” isn’t there. There’s nothing more awkward to me than being on a “date” (with all its implications and expectations) with a more-or-less stranger. confused.gif

While we’re on the subject (sort of), how do you even know when it’s a “date”? I think that maybe a first date could be considered “bad” if I don’t even realize I’m on one until afterward. Unless a guy says, “Let’s go out on a date,” or does something very bold, I figure it’s just hanging out. Like I ask guys to hang out, or climb, or whatever, all the time… do they think I’m picking them up? Because unless I know them well enough to actually like them, I don’t want to date them (yet). And even if I do like them, I won’t necessarily want to date them if that “je ne sais quoi” isn’t there. There’s nothing more awkward to me than being on a “date” (with all its implications and expectations) with a more-or-less stranger. confused.gif

Social engagement for romantic purposes.

If it's with a stranger, you charge him for it.

no..no..Espirita has a point....what happens if you do just head out for a climb...and end up thinking the doods date potential? but in reality it was just a climb?? or how do I know when I go on just a climb if the dudes hitting on me or not....yup..it's all so confusing!! I just had this conversation with one of my guy friends...and he was like..so if I dig this chick, how do I know if she thinks of me as more than just a climbing buddy?? It's technically not ok to make the moves on someone while climbing...it could screw up a good climbing partnership!!

Here's a suggestion:

Don't climb with a guy who is stupid enough to think a climb is a date.

And don't date a guy who thinks climbing qualifies as a date.

Jeez, he doesn't even need to push the chair in for you--how can that be a date?

And yah making the moves on someone while climbing can screw up a partnership--how can ya hang on while gittn buzy?

no..no..Espirita has a point....what happens if you do just head out for a climb...and end up thinking the doods date potential? but in reality it was just a climb?? or how do I know when I go on just a climb if the dudes hitting on me or not....yup..it's all so confusing!! I just had this conversation with one of my guy friends...and he was like..so if I dig this chick, how do I know if she thinks of me as more than just a climbing buddy?? It's technically not ok to make the moves on someone while climbing...it could screw up a good climbing partnership!!

I suppose you could just ask the climbing partner out on an actual date, post climb. But then again, what the hell do know grin.gif

what if someone wants to go climbing with you and they think it's a "date"? a couple of times i've gotten that vibe before going climbing with someone and when i brought it up and told them that i wasn't interested in more than climbing, they actually got mad at me! but i figured better get it out into the open then than at some awkward point on an outing ... confused.gif