F*ck all these hair products

snugtop

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The only way to restore damaged hair is to cut it off and grow it back.

If those products really worked, you would not need to keep buying them, and the companies would not earn as much profit. It is all about the mighty dollar.

ok..girlfriend as gross as it sounds..it honestly works. Mayonnaise. Yeah..nasty...smelly..but it works. Wash hair, put in hair, leave in hair for 20 minutes (use shower cap...then wrap a hot towel around shower cap) and then wash hair after 20 minutes. You'll be amazed at how well it really does work!!

-M

I know I know, the shit's dead...so why do I keep believing their BS about protein and vitamin complexes?? pitty.gif

I just threw out about $40 worth of the junk.

The worst is when I get my hair cut they always bug me about using "professional products." If you -- god forbid -- admit to using Pantene or -- if you really want to evoke their disgust -- a generic conditioner -- they shake their heads like you are the most pathetic loser who ever walked her limp locks in the door and you might as well be slathering peroxide on your scalp every night while rubbing it vigorously with a brillo pad. Admit to using "supermarket products" (although they prefer the singular more pretentious form--"PRODUCT") and you'll spend a half hour listening to them spew forth some pseudo-scientific mumbo jumbo about pH balances that they learned in beauty school, but the real reason is because the salon owners maker them hawk their $20 shampoo -- it probably makes them more $$ than the haircuts. The sad part is I've gotten scammed by this multiple times! I walk out with Aveda--the "envirnmental" company that sells lots of hair shit in tiny little plastic bottles and does not sell refills....

I imagine the males on this site will have never been subjected to this, but you ladies out there, you know what I'm say'n.

Thank you for allow this split-ended, volumeless, bodyless, protein-free-tressed-top to post.

ok..girlfriend as gross as it sounds..it honestly works. Mayonnaise. Yeah..nasty...smelly..but it works. Wash hair, put in hair, leave in hair for 20 minutes (use shower cap...then wrap a hot towel around shower cap) and then wash hair after 20 minutes. You'll be amazed at how well it really does work!!

-M

If this method doesn't work, at least you can put the hair on sandwich with lettuce and tomato and eat it. cheeburga_ron.gif

We all know that otters have the most luxuriously soft, thick, pH-balanced, protein-enriched, shiny, healthy hair in the universe - so you otter take my advice when it comes to hair care:

I think you otter use:

sq_dijonaise.jpg

Yes, I think you otter.

snug, i hear ya! i've had so many bad haircuts that i mostly cut my own anymore. i probably go to a professional hairstylist on average about every 2 years or so. i've never tried the mayo thing but my sister used to rinse her hair with beer all the time. (never tried that either but i've got some beer in my fridge that i'll never drink so maybe i'll give it a try some time.) usually when my hair gets to the point that the damage is bugging me i cut the really bad ends off and it feels much better. repeat process over time until damage has grown out ...

not all shampoo products are the same, but you can definitely buy "products" at qfc (or wheverever) that work just as well as the more expensive salon stuff. on a personal note, i find that the avalon shampoos work pretty well and aren't very harsh ...