Cute tights Lance. Where's your tutu?

Alpinfox

Hey! What is with you dumbshits thinking you need a $4000 carbon fiber bike with fancy "I'm a racer" handlebars to commute to work? You aren't in the Tour de France on the Burke Gilman you pretentious fuck! Oh, you are sponsored by Raliegh or USPS or whatever? Yeah right. You are mediocrity personified - quit acting like you are some world class athlete.

Jumpin' jeebus you people make me sick and even with your 14-color spandex unisuit, you can't keep up with me in my levis. Pathetic.

Thank you for allow rusty, squeaky, $8, thrift store, girl's bike rider to pass your overbranded ass and post on pedestrian website.

ON YOUR LEFT!!! the_finger.gif

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

people, in general, wear too many advertisements... and road bikers in particular. I can't believe those jerseys that advertise Subway... AND Gatorade ... AND Clif Bar ... AND United Airlines... AND about four other things. all on one garment. blech.

WTF?!?? i mean if you're actually sponsored, it's one thing, but c'mon people, WAKE UP!!!!! ... paying someone ELSE for the right to advertise their shit on your hat or shirt or whatever just does not make sense.

well... blush.gif ... i s'pose every rule has it's exceptions. mine few would be:

Fish Tail Ales

Sierra Nevada Ales

Led Zeppelin

Tool

Adidas

but that's only on t-shirts and hats. mtn bikers are too cool to wear logo-jerseys.

cool.gif

Where's Dave to comment?

My friend and I used to do a lot of recreational mountain biking. We were always passing up the jokers on $$$ bikes with my $300 Trek and his $130 K-mart special. I bet it made them feel special.

I have to agree with you though. I see these types on Lake Washington Blvd all the time. I've noticed it's 80% men who fit this description.

It's because guys are gear-whores. We can't help it, really.

I have to agree with you though. I see these types on Lake Washington Blvd all the time. I've noticed it's 80% men who fit this description.

I was running in West Seattle yesterday when I was swarmed on by a group of women cycling in their logoed spandex. But I'm not going to complain. I have some cycling jerseys that I've found at the thrift shop, including the Coors light jersey and another from some Euro cycling team. I wear these when I'm training for the Giro or the Tour.

From commuting on my 25 yr old frame (my bike, I'm 2x that) I've noticed a direct correlation between the amount of spandex/flashy jerseys and lbs overweight. The Scott handlebars are the kicker. rolleyes.gif

In mountain biking it used to be underweight guys on overweight bikes, now it's overweight guys on underweight bikes.

You guys are forgetting to mention the important subspecies of the road bike coffee shop poser.

I'm sure you have them in Seattle, I've seen them in every single town I've lived in.

You know, the folks who get decked in all their riding clothes, put on their road shoes and get on their perpetually clean shiny bikes, and ride 4 blocks from their house to hang out and drink coffee in public.

Their clothes are never dirty, their bikes are always shiny, and their shoes always look nonscuffed.

Don't forget them. I think they're the ones that reproduce.

There's an artist type in Seattle that was making these offical looking parking signs that said No Bike-Weenie Clothes and had a stick figure bike guy with circle and slash over it. He was hangine them in front of coffe shops on telephone poles. Classic. thumbs_up.gif

You know, the folks who get decked in all their riding clothes, put on their road shoes and get on their perpetually clean shiny bikes, and ride 4 blocks from their house to hang out and drink coffee in public.

Their clothes are never dirty, their bikes are always shiny, and their shoes always look nonscuffed.

Don't forget them. I think they're the ones that reproduce.

The Leschi Starbucks on Lk Washingon Blvd is full of these fellas. As predictable as the moms in their 40s with the jog strollers (they are probably married to said bike-weenie men) There's a bike/running shop accross the street so they can shop when they're done drinking coffee.