The New Pope.

Dave_Schuldt

Just two "Pope"-sanctioned deeds listed (the ones so often cited by those wishing to espouse moral relativism):

60,000-100,000 - Sack of Jerusalem, First Crusade (1099)

15,000 (estimated) - Holy Inquisition (Europe). 1184 - 1800

Compare to a single communist purge:

# 20,000,000 - Great Purge (Soviet Union, 1930s) (Estimates range from 3.5 to 60 million)

# 250,000-20,000,000 - Cultural Revolution (China, 1966 - 1976 most estimates are around 1 to 2 million)

Quod erat demonstrandum wave.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A great Andrew Sullivan quote, courtesy of dryad:

THE POLITICAL ANALOGY

"I was trying to explain last night to a non-Catholic just how dumb-struck many reformist Catholics are by the elevation of Ratzinger. And then I found a way to explain. This is the religious equivalent of having had four terms of George W. Bush only to find that his successor as president is Karl Rove. Get it now?"

Just two "Pope"-sanctioned deeds listed (the ones so often cited by those wishing to espouse moral relativism):

60,000-100,000 - Sack of Jerusalem, First Crusade (1099)

15,000 (estimated) - Holy Inquisition (Europe). 1184 - 1800

Compare to a single communist purge:

# 20,000,000 - Great Purge (Soviet Union, 1930s) (Estimates range from 3.5 to 60 million)

# 250,000-20,000,000 - Cultural Revolution (China, 1966 - 1976 most estimates are around 1 to 2 million)

Quod erat demonstrandum wave.gif

Not so fast there. We´re missing:

The Crusades

The 30 Years War

The Conquest of S. America (papal treaty split it between Portugal & Spain, as long as they brought catholicism)

A great Andrew Sullivan quote, courtesy of dryad:

THE POLITICAL ANALOGY

"I was trying to explain last night to a non-Catholic just how dumb-struck many reformist Catholics are by the elevation of Ratzinger. And then I found a way to explain. This is the religious equivalent of having had four terms of George W. Bush only to find that his successor as president is Karl Rove. Get it now?"

I´ve read several oped pieces here in S. America (Uruquay & Argentina) lamenting the election of the ¨conservative & dogmatic¨ Ratzinger, when they were hoping for a ¨reformist pope¨, a ¨new Pope John¨, a ¨Pope for the 21st century¨.